The problem with Grand Chance Cubes

I know the term "chance" is an integral part of the Grand Chance Cube item, but currently there is nothing "grand" about them.

With the last three hypercrates I purchased and opened, I acquired 78 GCCs. Upon opening them, all but TWO were Bronze-grade items. The two that weren't were Silver.

There really needs to be a better chance for Silver- and Gold-grade items to appear. A 2.6% chance for a Silver item is ridiculously low. I don't even have an example to calculate the minuscule chance for a Gold - let alone a Platinum - item to appear.

With pack prices skyrocketing and the returns from those purchases diminishing (charging more for less :mad:), this GCC situation should really be addressed.

Edited by Khadzur
Corrected an error

I opened 26 Grand Chance Cubes with the last pack. One gold item, one silver item, all the rest bronze.

I've noticed the price for them dropping steadily on the GTN, so I'm starting to think this is the new normal.

And someone, somewhere will have opened 2 GCC's and got 2 Gold Items - it's called RNG. You might open a million and never even get a single Silver item, but that's what you signed up for when you decided to open a lucky bag. Thanks for playing. Edited by CrazyCT

I just watched a friend buy two hypercrates and open 52 chance cubes. He got 2 gold items and a few silver items. Basically, the same odds when I opened mine. These things are way too heavily weighted to drop bronze items. They used to be more balanced. Edited by Xina_LA

I just watched a friend buy two hypercrates and open 52 chance cubes. He got 2 gold items and a few silver items. Basically, the same odds when I opened mine. These things are way too heavily weighted to drop bronze items. They used to be more balanced.

No, that's about what it was before. The last published drop rates were around (just after, if memory serves) the first GCCs were released, talking about what it was before the GCCs were released and it was something like 85% bronze,

10% silver, and 5% gold. 5% gold on 52 items is a split-hair over 2.5 items, for which *2* is a reasonable value. Similarly, you should be looking at an average of 5.2 silver items.

10% silver, and 5% gold. 5% gold on 52 items is a split-hair over 2.5 items, for which *2* is a reasonable value. Similarly, you should be looking at an average of 5.2 silver items.

Thank you for posting the numbers. I must have been lucky, before. If it was just 20% silver and 5% gold, I'd be very happy.