The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The problem with Old VS New

Ok i am the first to admit that im am very biased when it comes to VS:threads. I think that the average force user in the Old republic era i was stronger then one from the movie era, and definitely stroger then one from the Rebellion era and forward (the main and speciall characters is another thing).

That being said i have to say that it is almost impossble to determine which is which beacause every person who write a star wars story has a another version of the universe. Im a big fan of Drew and prefer his version but unless you can get every writer to sit down and discuss it, these VS threads while extremely entertaining is also poinless.

And while many movie fans might argue that What Lucas sais is the absolute FACT i respectfully disagree. Lucas started a saga that has touched generations, and many has taken up the pencil since. He does not have the monopoly anymore because in my opnion when a hundred or more writers have added to his creation and mde it on of the most historic sagas to date he has lost the monopoly (even if I love most of his work)

when a hundred or more writers have added to his creation

A friendly reminder that Lucas, Kennedy and Disney told those "hundred or more writers" to take a flying you know what when they declared their works to no longer be valid.

I am well aware of that fact, but when you consider that 99% of all the facts quotes and statements in every VS thread is comes from the expanded universe it makes my argument quite valid. And you cannot deny that it has been a lot of people helping to expand the lore if you take every book, game, tv-series etc into account.

Though I will say that a cleanup in the continum was necesary if Lucas had to take every bit of new lore into account when making movies he would have some real problem.

PS thanks for noticing me, this is my first thread and i was not sure i would even get a response.:)

Edited by kepeskvaeri
Forgot something