Level 70 gear - confused

Mashugana

What are the 'levels' of gear at 70? I imagine there is normal 70, then blue, then the crazy stuff you need for operations. How do you get each level?

For example my Warrior is 70. I think I want to make sure I have all blue level 70 items first and then starting looking at sets. But I am not sure what the progression is like. Do I craft it? Command crates? GTN?

PS: I am obviously not looking for end game ops gear yet - just solid level 70 gear for PvE - then I can focus on the next tier.

Hey,

Long story short:

Your primary source of gear is the Galactic command. You get a crate each time you increase a rank, which is from 1 to 300. 1-89 you get Tier 1 gear (230), 90-181 you get Tier 2 (234-236), 182-300 you get Tier 3 (240-242) and at rank 300 you get Tier 4 which is 246-248 gear.

The drops are either blue, purple or legendary (236, 242, 248). What you can craft and buy off GTN is 240 rating gear at the moment. Besides the GC system you can do Operations and get the specific token drops from teh bosses, which are all legendary:

Tier 2 Legendary Gear 236 - Story Mode

Tier 3 Legendary Gear 242 - Veteran Mode

Tier 4 Prototype and Artifact Gear 244/246 – Master Mode (Non-final bosses)

Tier 4 Legendary Gear 248 – Master Mode (Final bosses)

You can do PVP and GSF also, which gives you Unassembled Components, for those you can buy the gear directly and upgrade legendary pieces for example from 242 to 248 but its expensive, yet still worth the grind.

The best and fastest method is to do the easy Veteran mode Operations Eternity Vault and Karaggas palace and get 242 tokens. Then do PVP and GSF to have enough components to upgrade the pieces to 248!

Dont forget to buy the 100% CXP boost from the vendor next to all the tier 1-4 vendors.

Hey,

Long story short:

Your primary source of gear is the Galactic command. You get a crate each time you increase a rank, which is from 1 to 300. 1-89 you get Tier 1 gear (230), 90-181 you get Tier 2 (234-236), 182-300 you get Tier 3 (240-242) and at rank 300 you get Tier 4 which is 246-248 gear.

The drops are either blue, purple or legendary (236, 242, 248). What you can craft and buy off GTN is 240 rating gear at the moment. Besides the GC system you can do Operations and get the specific token drops from teh bosses, which are all legendary:

Tier 2 Legendary Gear 236 - Story Mode

Tier 3 Legendary Gear 242 - Veteran Mode

Tier 4 Prototype and Artifact Gear 244/246 – Master Mode (Non-final bosses)

Tier 4 Legendary Gear 248 – Master Mode (Final bosses)

You can do PVP and GSF also, which gives you Unassembled Components, for those you can buy the gear directly and upgrade legendary pieces for example from 242 to 248 but its expensive, yet still worth the grind.

The best and fastest method is to do the easy Veteran mode Operations Eternity Vault and Karaggas palace and get 242 tokens. Then do PVP and GSF to have enough components to upgrade the pieces to 248!

Dont forget to buy the 100% CXP boost from the vendor next to all the tier 1-4 vendors.

Thank oyu for detailed post that sure helps :)

- do heroics - buy lvl 288 mods / enhancements / armoring

- do master flashpoints to raise your command crates rank fast ( make sure u know tactics or else u will fail on bosses )

- story mode Raids drop 236 gear with mods / enhancement / armoring - u will still have to learn tactics

- in patch 5.2.2 u will be able to buy full 230 rating set from vendors ( think it hit live servers in june )