RED ECLIPSE - errors after buying from Cartel Market - purchase NOT received

Sarova

As title - bought my Cartel Coins and bought and item from the Cartel Market. Error message flashed up on screen and the item I bought was NOT delivered into my unclaimed items slot, however the ledger shows both my Cartel Coin purchase and my subsequent item purchase. In-game ticket submitted but ignored. Can someone from BW send me a private message about this please.

Apparently this kind of problem is only dealt with via an in-game ticket. According the telephone "help" line paying for something outside of the game (Cartel Coins) is classed as an "in-game" issue and there is an 8 WEEK response time for tickets submitted in-game. Real money issues are not considered any higher than a "my character is stuck" issue. Bloody thieves :mad:

Apparently this kind of problem is only dealt with via an in-game ticket. According the telephone "help" line paying for something outside of the game (Cartel Coins) is classed as an "in-game" issue and there is an 8 WEEK response time for tickets submitted in-game. Real money issues are not considered any higher than a "my character is stuck" issue. Bloody thieves :mad:

It *is* an in-game issue. You aren't complaining that you paid your dollars or euros or pounds or whatever, and didn't get your coins (indeed, you say that you *did* get them).

No, you are saying that, inside the game, you attempted to use those coins to buy some item or other, and it bugged out. And the issue would be the same if you had received those coins from completing in-game achievements that grant coins, where no real-world money was involved.

It *is* an in-game issue. You aren't complaining that you paid your dollars or euros or pounds or whatever, and didn't get your coins (indeed, you say that you *did* get them).

No, you are saying that, inside the game, you attempted to use those coins to buy some item or other, and it bugged out. And the issue would be the same if you had received those coins from completing in-game achievements that grant coins, where no real-world money was involved.

Years ago when something similar happened it was dealt with by customer support instantly when I phoned them. I did not know that had changed. Simple solution - the laws here are very good with stuff like this (spending "real" money to buy electronic items in a game or app which are subsequently are not received), bank can issue me a charge back.

Customer support was very clear about the 8 week ticket wait - bank allows 28 days maximum.

Edited by Sarova

Years ago when something similar happened it was dealt with by customer support instantly when I phoned them. I did not know that had changed. Simple solution - the laws here are very good with stuff like this (spending "real" money to buy electronic items in a game or app which are subsequently are not received), bank can issue me a charge back.

Customer support was very clear about the 8 week ticket wait - bank allows 28 days maximum.

What dr_mike said, plus the point that you *did* get what you paid real cash money for: X number of Cartel Coins. You didn't say, "I didn't get my coins." You said, "I got my coins, but when I tried to use them, the game took them without giving me the item I wanted."

My pessimism was unfounded - customer services just sent me a response. Whilst they couldn't give me back the pack I bought they did refund my cartel coins plus a little extra (which is handy since the packs are now full price).

Thanks very much customer services! :)

As title - bought my Cartel Coins and bought and item from the Cartel Market. Error message flashed up on screen and the item I bought was NOT delivered into my unclaimed items slot, however the ledger shows both my Cartel Coin purchase and my subsequent item purchase. In-game ticket submitted but ignored. Can someone from BW send me a private message about this please.

i was transfering a char to TRE http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9316004#post9316004

bug post there^^

same thing to me did the transfer but nothing happend and i lost cc.

My pessimism was unfounded - customer services just sent me a response. Whilst they couldn't give me back the pack I bought they did refund my cartel coins plus a little extra (which is handy since the packs are now full price).

Thanks very much customer services! :)

Excellent news. Thanks for letting us know!