Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

You can't have everything, Bioware.

SixVoltCar

You made tanks more relevant with guard-- but you left healers as if guard didn't exist. Result: a healer alone can heal through the damage of 1-2 DPS builds at full throttle... while stationary in the case of a sorc. Then they are made invincible by guard stance. Leave guard stance, re-scale healing, they should NEED to be protected.

EDIT: Or just give everyone a guard break so we can actually counter that garbage

Replies will be people who are queuing healer/tank pairs to guarantee 0 deaths and all wins.

Edited by SixVoltCar

You made tanks more relevant with guard-- but you left healers as if guard didn't exist. Result: a healer alone can heal through the damage of 1-2 DPS builds at full throttle... while stationary in the case of a sorc. Then they are made invincible by guard stance. Leave guard stance, re-scale healing, they should NEED to be protected.

EDIT: Or just give everyone a guard break so we can actually counter that garbage

Replies will be people who are queuing healer/tank pairs to guarantee 0 deaths and all wins.

The Team is getting on this right away!! expect a patch for this within the next few hours.Good job reporting it!!

A guard break is actually a really good idea.

and remove electronet from the game, while you at it; solve all over problems.

Ermm, no.

And what purpose would a guard break serves? The tank would just replay it, and even if there is a locked debuff similar to sorc bubble, by the time you break the guard, the lock out time would have ended anyways. The only combo that will not have a stalemate is 2 DPS vs anything else.

and remove electronet from the game, while you at it; solve all over problems.

Ermm, no.

And what purpose would a guard break serves? The tank would just replay it, and even if there is a locked debuff similar to sorc bubble, by the time you break the guard, the lock out time would have ended anyways. The only combo that will not have a stalemate is 2 DPS vs anything else.

Not if a guard break prevents re-application for an amount of time.

Not if a guard break prevents re-application for an amount of time.

But if there is a guard break, what is the point of having the guard at all if it can just be broken? It would make it kind of pointless and I'm not sure that would really be fair to tanks.

I agree that guards can be trouble some when you have the Tank guarding the Healer combination.

I think they should take the use of guard away from DPS specs entirely, it seems like everyone is guarded these days, and in the case of mercs and snipers being guarded, that's just insult to injury and you see it quite frequently now.

Only true tanks should have the use of guards, skank tanks should not be considered a "true tank", because they are just an another example of over performing 'hybrids", like Mercs and Snipers [although not to the same severity]. Such things effect class imbalances, when you have some classes operating as their role should vs other classes that have the benefits of more than one role without the loss of appreciable effectiveness of either. A tank spec should never for any reason be doing the kind of damage a DPS spec does.

Perhaps as a consideration to how to address the problems caused by the presense of a tank guarding a healer, they might increase the percentage of the damage the tank takes when the healer is damaged.

As it is a design feature of the tank role, I'm not personally in favor of removing the option, I don't think that would really be fair to 'true tanks' who are under represented enough as it is in PVP. Limit skank tanking features and you limit the guarding of healers to some degree.

The hybridization of roles some classes have is damaging to the trinity aspect of the roles that are supposed to serve as a system of checks and balances.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

But if there is a guard break, what is the point of having the guard at all if it can just be broken? It would make it kind of pointless and I'm not sure that would really be fair to tanks.

Kinda like trauma maybe? I can temporarily cut the healing received by a player, why not temporarily disable all protection effects on a player too? (Obviously make sure it's not spammable. Like, say that "this effect lasts 6 seconds, and cannot be used more than once every minute on a single player). That would force coordinations.

Either that, or make the opposite effect; allow some DPSers to be able to temporarily bypass protection effects on all their targets, and put such abilities on a long cooldown.

I don't think either of those would make guard completely useless, as it would have situational use. A guard break won't do much against, say, a guarded sorc who can barrier through the guard break and be back to normal right after. So it would require proper timing to be used.

Edited by EzioMessi

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.