War for Iokath, what were you thinking with the choices?

Timeshark

This is a rant, plain and simple. I had held off on playing War for Iokath till I finished some other missions... wish I had waited even longer..

Bioware what were you thinking with the choices on Iokath? The outlander is the most influential person in the known galaxy, one of the strongest people in history, and leads the most powerful known fleet/army so why is he/she forced to choose between the empire and republic on Iokath? Where is the "screw both of you, I'm taking/destroying the weapon." option? The empire and republic are still trying to rebuild and were just saved by the outlander and the eternal alliance's forces, they should be dancing in his/her shadow for favor not strutting around giving ultimatums and making demands. Of all the story choices in the game this one strikes me as one of the biggest mistakes/omissions sofar and completely broke my interest in the story. A very bad and clunky start to a new arc.

This is a rant, plain and simple. I had held off on playing War for Iokath till I finished some other missions... wish I had waited even longer..

Bioware what were you thinking with the choices on Iokath? The outlander is the most influential person in the known galaxy, one of the strongest people in history, and leads the most powerful known fleet/army so why is he/she forced to choose between the empire and republic on Iokath? Where is the "screw both of you, I'm taking/destroying the weapon." option? The empire and republic are still trying to rebuild and were just saved by the outlander and the eternal alliance's forces, they should be dancing in his/her shadow for favor not strutting around giving ultimatums and making demands. Of all the story choices in the game this one strikes me as one of the biggest mistakes/omissions sofar and completely broke my interest in the story. A very bad and clunky start to a new arc.

i don't supposed you noticed that choices made in FE and ET have little consequence or that all 8 classes were shoehorned into one storyline and that as a non force user the storyline is more nonsensical? this war on iokath is the latest example of having no real choices.