Accuracy question

Been playing an Anni Marauderps lately, after having not touched a Mara since I did the Warrior story as Carnage in 4.0, and this business of missing attacks with the offhand at 110% accuracy is beginning to annoy me, though I get the impression from reading around that this is something everyone just generally puts up with and accepts as part and parcel of playing the class.

So, my question, how much extra accuracy would we need to counteract the offhand missing attacks?

And is it actually worthwhile to try higher accuracy, or best to leave it at 110% ?

Part of the reason I ask is because of the larger stat pool we have in 5.0 / 5.2, I figure we can take a few points from alacrity/crit and drop them into accuracy without really losing much.

Thoughts?

Been playing an Anni Marauderps lately, after having not touched a Mara since I did the Warrior story as Carnage in 4.0, and this business of missing attacks with the offhand at 110% accuracy is beginning to annoy me, though I get the impression from reading around that this is something everyone just generally puts up with and accepts as part and parcel of playing the class.

So, my question, how much extra accuracy would we need to counteract the offhand missing attacks?

And is it actually worthwhile to try higher accuracy, or best to leave it at 110% ?

Part of the reason I ask is because of the larger stat pool we have in 5.0 / 5.2, I figure we can take a few points from alacrity/crit and drop them into accuracy without really losing much.

Thoughts?

110% gives you 100% hit chance. Increasing it does not provide additional benefit. This is for all classes not only mara. Off hand hits are not worth accuracy. It will not yield higher damage than critic or alacrity.

Standard attacks have a hit chance of 100% Offhand attacks have a base hit chance of 66%-67%

So, if you add in 10% of Accuracy from other sources, your mainhand is 110% and your offhand will sit at 77% (not counting the targets defense chance)

To get 100% hit chance on offhand would require getting 33%-34% Accuracy, which i dont think is even possible.

You can see the breakdown by hovering the cursor over your accuracy stat (the stat at the bottom of the sheet, not the value)

Edited by thepilk

Standard attacks have a hit chance of 100% Offhand attacks have a base hit chance of 66%-67%

To get 100% hit chance on offhand would require getting 33%-34% Accuracy, which i dont think is even possible.

)

It's not possible stack enough accuracy to completely null and void the off-hand accuracy penalty. Using the example as above [66-67%] you would need than and additional 33-34% percent to accuracy. Even if you made every enhancement, and augment accuracy leaving you a tremendous deficient to crit chance and alacrity and use no power augment it would still be not enough.

The thing to remember here that is that it perfectly normal and it effects anyone who with an offhand weapon exactly in the same boat. Don't give it a second thought as it's unavoidable. No matter what your build is like on any class/spec you will miss sometimes, the off hand simply misses a far greater amount than mainhand.

Thanks for the replies, I didn't realize the OH penalty was quite that large.

Oh well, guess I'll give up on that idea and stick with a standard stat loadout, then.

Look at it this way, 67% of the time you can do potentialy 900pts more than someone who doesn't have an offhand and only can do weapon damage with the mainhand.

Joe Assassin -

Mainhand Damage Bonus 3857 - 4145

Mary Marauder -

Mainhand Damage Bonus - 3727-4043

Off hand Damage Bonus - 667-923

If both hit for Mary, chances are Mary [RNG willing] will do more damage in the same amount of time.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx