The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Iron Champion challenge

Pheonomix

This is a thought I had inspired by the "iron man challenge" in WoW. The point of this challenge was to make the levelling process more difficult. My idea to transfer it to the game is as follows.

Only allowed to wear gear that has no stats grey or white quality, or if you want to make it really hard wear unmodded orange gear.

companions must be on the the DPS spec.

Not allowed to make use of any experience increasing items or any events that increase exp (x2 exp ect)

All advanced classes allowed

using heroic moment will be considered cheating.

Class buffs are allowed.

Mounts will only be usable from default learning points disregarding legacy perks.

Quick travel will not be allowed

Dying will mean you have to start again.

Out of combat healing abilities will be allowed

No guilds/groups.

This is just for fun or anyone who wants an extra kick out of levelling, I have no idea how viable it is in SWTOR.

I was specifically judging from the free republic/imperial pilots gear which armour rating is outmatched by level 7 white drops so while you will see an advantage for a small amount of time it won't be much.

It's a dumb idea anyway because there are too many mechanics in the game that prevent it from being effective, mainly being that the base presence for so many players is so high now due to legacy that even with really bad quality gear any story companion could walk you through most of the content providing you had enough healing in your kit to mitigate any massive damage. The difficulty would be nowhere near the iron man challenge unless you did it without a companion and the games mob distribution means that that would become borderline impossible by the second planet as it is designed to be a two companion affair.

I imagine there is a way to implement a player made challenge akin to this in SWTOR, I just have no idea how what rules would make it a fair challenge