The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

HK-55 on Cartel Market

LOL, I understand the 1st place trophy comment. However, in what shape or form is the access of a digital character companion the result of a competition? Either you were subscribed at this time or you were not (for whatever reason).

I've said my piece and I stand by my post. I wont comment on it again. Instead, ill leave a link to a video to "illustrate" the situation.... think it only has one curse word in it...I could be wrong...

https://youtu.be/BfU1LjFfyBI

-Ashur

Edited by AshurDarksoul

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd love to have access to the subscriber rewards (Shae Vizla and HK55). At that/those period(s) of time, I was unable to subscribe due to real life issues (divorce, child custody battles, lawyer expenses...you get the idea).

It just wasn't feasible/ realistic at that time. I'm here now, subscribing, spending my dollars on the game like anyone else subscribing...just a the "wrong" time period.

I get that allowing those that did not subscribe during those times to have access acquiring these companions "undermines" the subscriber "benefits" but I don't believe that any content in the game should be exclusive. I believe that everyone should have an opportunity to enjoy ALL parts of the game, whether cosmetic or functional. Put in place whatever "barriers" you want but don't exclude your active player base from enjoying "their" game.

Honestly, how does having these companions "effect" anybody else in the game? Other than the in-game self-perceived "Status symbol" it represents? I don't do all of the games content, yet, the only time I've been with another player *and* my companion at the same time have been in heroics/flashpoints? Do you know that I wasn't a subscriber at the "appropriate" time period. Does the mere sight of me with said companion destroy your enjoyment of the game? Are you really **that** special?

Special snowflake syndrome, should be a DSMV diagnosis.......

My 2 credits

-Ashur

If "special snowflake syndrome" was an actual diagnosis, I wonder what the prescription would be for those that seem to feel they are "special snowflakes" and therefore they are entitled to have access to past subscriber rewards when by their own admission, they KNOW they did not meet the requirements to receive those subscriber rewards.

You answered your own question.

As has been pointed out previously, the purpose of those subscriber rewards was to provide incentive for players to remain subscribed during "content droughts". Were there people that would have continued to subscribe without those rewards? Yes, but there were also people that continued to subscribe due to those subscriber rewards.

As an example, which has been cited previously, let's look at the HK-55 BONUS chapter. This chapter is only a bonus and has no affect on a player's ability to progress within the game, even if a player does not complete it. The forums were full of people who openly bragged that they were unsubscribing after completing chapters 1-9 of KotFE and would subscribe again for one month after chapter 16 was released. They openly stated that they did not care about the BONUS chapter. After all, how good could it really be?

Then they found out how much those who continued to subscribe and received that BONUS chapter enjoyed it, and the BONUS companion was an unexpected pleasure. Now, those same people want to claim they are being "punished" by not being able to access that BONUS chapter, despite the fact they chose not to subscribe and openly bragged about their choice.

Now, imagine if BW caved and gave them access to that BONUS chapter, especially for the pittance that many want to pay. Any future subscriber reward would simply become meaningless as am incentive to subscribe. Why should Johnny subscribe for any reward if he can just wait to see if he likes the "reward" and then complain and pay a pittance to get it?

No amount of "additional revenue" after the fact will change the the amount of revenue received during those "dry spells" when maintaining sufficient continuing subscription revenue was actually needed.

LOL, I understand the 1st place trophy comment. However, in what shape or form is the access of a digital character companion the result of a competition? Either you were subscribed at this time or you were not (for whatever reason).

I've said my piece and I stand by my post. I wont comment on it again. Instead, ill leave a link to a video to "illustrate" the situation.... think it only has one curse word in it...I could be wrong...

https://youtu.be/BfU1LjFfyBI

-Ashur

HK-55 in this case was a participation trophy, either you were attending (subscribed) or not and only attendees get it.

As an example, which has been cited previously, let's look at the HK-55 BONUS chapter. This chapter is only a bonus and has no affect on a player's ability to progress within the game, even if a player does not complete it. The forums were full of people who openly bragged that they were unsubscribing after completing chapters 1-9 of KotFE and would subscribe again for one month after chapter 16 was released. They openly stated that they did not care about the BONUS chapter. After all, how good could it really be?

Then they found out how much those who continued to subscribe and received that BONUS chapter enjoyed it, and the BONUS companion was an unexpected pleasure. Now, those same people want to claim they are being "punished" by not being able to access that BONUS chapter, despite the fact they chose not to subscribe and openly bragged about their choice.

Now, imagine if BW caved and gave them access to that BONUS chapter, especially for the pittance that many want to pay. Any future subscriber reward would simply become meaningless as am incentive to subscribe. Why should Johnny subscribe for any reward if he can just wait to see if he likes the "reward" and then complain and pay a pittance to get it?

No amount of "additional revenue" after the fact will change the the amount of revenue received during those "dry spells" when maintaining sufficient continuing subscription revenue was actually needed.

I remember about 30 people were on a thread saying they unsubscribed and only resubscribed after chapter 16... those same people now complain for that reason which i find quite ironic where you can even quote them saying unsubscribing so i dont have to pay for a few months subscription now are demanding they get HK-55 and bonus chapter it just cracks me up in laughter :D

No they should not add it to the CM. They are called rewards for a reason. I wasn't subscribed in time to get Nico, I am grown up enough to deal with it, I didn't meet the requirements. I was subbed for HK and the chapter, so I got them both. There was an error at my bank that caused my sub to lapse right before the requirement to get Shae and I didn't realize it till the day before and ended up missing it by days. I was a little ticked but stuff IRL was going bad again and well stuff happens. I am an adult and can handle disappointment and realize I am not entitled to something I didn't meet the requirements for.

I'm gonna go back to a previous thought. Either

1. this is something very important (judging by the level of WAH), and it should rightly be held back to try to encourage participation in future subscription rewards, or
  2. it's just a carbon copy companion, the same as all the others, and shouldn't be brought back because it's worthless, and you can have 49 other companions that have the exact same effect.

Personally, I'd love to have access to the subscriber rewards (Shae Vizla and HK55). At that/those period(s) of time, I was unable to subscribe due to... (*blah blah blah)

... I believe that everyone should have an opportunity to enjoy ALL parts of the game, whether cosmetic or functional.... (*blah blah blah, WAH~ WAH~)

-Ashur

Well, you contradict yourself here: you already HAD your opportunity LIKE EVERYONE ELSE to get HK-55 and now you think the rules do not apply to you -aka Special Snowflake Syndrome. A dose of reality

.. for what your 2 WAHs are worth.