Scoundrel skills/animations - is he a boxer?

I love the idea of the Scoundrel but the skills seem odd to me. A large percentage of them seem to involve punching, kicking, or hitting someone with a pistol. That feels really odd to me when I am fighting someone in full armor. I know it is just an aesthetic thing but it seems like he should be blasting more.

Does this change as you level? Are any of the slap/kick abilities replaced by cooler, more Star Warsy abilities? Even the shotgun feels weird in a game with light sabers and blasters.

Thanks for any advice.

PS: I love the Operative however. They are the exact same skills but a vibro knife and point blank rifle shots feel more fun than slapping a sith with my pistol :)

It depends a lot on spec. Ruffian uses the Blaster a bit more consistently. Scrapper is very punch-y.

Same thing really with Operatives: Lethality uses the rifle, Concealment, the rifle is a big shiny distraction while you actually primarily use knives.

it would be nice if scrapper used his *********** shotgun for anything... the only skill that use it make you whack your opponent with it...

if operatives can use their secondary weapons, why can't we?

it would be nice if scrapper used his *********** shotgun for anything... the only skill that use it make you whack your opponent with it...

if operatives can use their secondary weapons, why can't we?

Backblast, tendon blast, lacerating blast?

(granted that 2 of 3 of those have little purpose)

Backblast, tendon blast, lacerating blast?

(granted that 2 of 3 of those have little purpose)

exactly... you would only use backblast with your shotgun on a regular rotation.. while op's are all slice n' dice...

i have a *********** shotgun on my left hand, still i choose to punch siths? kick them in the nuts? come on.. i could just shoot em there! ( granted it is not classy to shoot a guy in the balls, as Cartman says, but we are dirty fighters right?)

terribly design, they went for what would look funny, but it is not funny after you've done a hundred times...

it WOULD be funny if instead of shooting with the scattergun you randomly had a chance to whack em instead, or punching, like 10%-20% chance of a goofy animation. otherwise is just silly =\ .

Edited by Tifo-Dias