Bounty Hunter Ship glitched. Cannot travel to belsavis

TheGoldenLegacy

Ok so here's what happened. I just finished the bounty hunter ch2 story and begun ch3 but when i tried to travel to belsavis for the story, it wouldn't let me. It didn't do the animation and wouldn't progress the story mission. But if I logged off, I would be in orbit of belsavis on my ship. But the story would not progress. I have no idea why this isnt working. I guess I'll have to wait for 5.2 :(

It's a common bug, actually. What happened with the new galaxy map in 5.2 is that it allowed travel to both Belsavis proper and a place called Section X, another area on Belsavis. For some reason, Section X is selected by default - but it is very, very easy to mistake that for Belsavis proper.

Try going back to a different planet (doesn't matter which one), then flying back to Belsavis. Make sure it's *Belsavis* that's selected, not the other place on the planet selection screen, Section X.

Edit: You'll hit the same bug later on in the story, on Corellia. That has both Corellia and The Black Hole, with The Black Hole (an area of Corellia) being selected automatically. Make sure it's Corellia that's selected, not the other place on the planet.

Edited by Jagaimee

It's a common bug, actually. What happened with the new galaxy map in 5.2 is that it allowed travel to both Belsavis proper and a place called Section X, another area on Belsavis. For some reason, Section X is selected by default - but it is very, very easy to mistake that for Belsavis proper.

Try going back to a different planet (doesn't matter which one), then flying back to Belsavis. Make sure it's *Belsavis* that's selected, not the other place on the planet selection screen, Section X.

Edit: You'll hit the same bug later on in the story, on Corellia. That has both Corellia and The Black Hole, with The Black Hole (an area of Corellia) being selected automatically. Make sure it's Corellia that's selected, not the other place on the planet.

I fell for it both times on my Sith Warrior, don't feel bad.

As for the graphical glitch of the lightspeed travel not taking place, I haven't found a fix, but it doesn't interfere with anything. You still arrive at whatever destination you chose.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't notice that there were two selections possible for belsavis, and have been flying to section X, back to another planet, back to Section X, etc.. All in an attempt to get my class story to progress.

• 2 weeks later...
I am having this same issue. I cannot travel to Belsavis. I am not selecting Section X. I do not even see Section X listed on the map. It tells me I am at Belsavis but will no progress the mission.

• 2 weeks later...