Merc heals still stronk

AmarantKando

Can you explain how you did that? I'm stuck playing Sorc at the moment because he always out heals my Merc by a Million plus. Can you tell us your utilities and such. What happened in that match? Oh and good job.

Can you explain how you did that? I'm stuck playing Sorc at the moment because he always out heals my Merc by a Million plus. Can you tell us your utilities and such. What happened in that match? Oh and good job.

#1 player skill no matter how nice the match up is its not easy to hit high healing numbers on mandos in pvp be it warzones or arenas.

Outside of that tho just from looking at the scoreboard the game was a 1 side death trap(0-100%) with what looks like high steady incoming damage from a balance sage maybe a AP vg and a possible gunnery commando. Take those 3 main dps and ram them against obviously 2 boss tanks for that game (healthy prot numbers) and finish it up by adding in a co healer (the sorc) and its nirvana for any healer numbers wise.

How its actually done, I'm guessing its mostly kolto bomb farming which is pretty much using kolto bomb on cd and making sure it hits max targets and also having high up time on kolto shell and the best for last hopping someone uses some form of soft cc on you such as roots or a mez that gets broken quickly for the wondrous and every living gyro alignment jets/para combat stims so u don't overheat/run out of ammo.

I'm asking because I can hit on a good game 5-5.5 HPS but of course sorc is always better. But wow 11.2 hps. I have seen a sorc do 8+ hps. That's why I'm asking. I may be underestimating Kolto Shell. I have not been keeping that on everyone. Yes, energy is a problem as is being stunned and interrupted. Perhaps it was the perfect storm..

Alright well, for starters I base my gear on Bant's calculations (they can be found here) for optimal healing output. And these are the utilities I use for regs: Utility build.

For what happened in this particular match,

with what looks like high steady incoming damage from a balance sage

Like Donna said, there was a lot of damage incoming from a Balance sage. Aside from that sage they also had a guardian, who was most likely Vigilance (also dot spec). The dots and aoe of those two dps ticking on our whole team was the perfect situation for Kolto Shells and it's the reason why you should never underestimate Kolto Shells. Even when your targets are at 100% you should keep your Kolto Shells up. I dare say the largest chunk of my hps was thanks to keeping Kolto Shells up on my whole team.

I'm guessing its mostly kolto bomb farming which is pretty much using kolto bomb on cd and making sure it hits max targets

Sadly our team wasn't literally stacked up all match so most of the time I wasn't able to hit max targets with Kolto Bomb, but even if you can't hit all targets it's still one of your most outputting heals. Aside from Kolto Shell and -Bomb you should use Progressive Scan on cooldown aswell in these kind of situations where your whole team is taking constant damage.

If there are any more questions I'll gladly help my fellow merc/mando healers out. :)

Edited by AmarantKando