Who could you kill in Beta?

americanaussie

I've been redoing the IA story - specifically the holocall to Watcher Two right before going on Alderaan. I chose option 3 in relation to the idea of working with Vector.

Option 3: You're asking me to work with someone who's been compromised?

Watcher Two: You can eliminate him after the mission if you wish, but only after the mission.

Could you kill Vector in Beta? :eek:

It's documented that you could kill Quinn in the SW story, and people did, and then they whined and whined and whined that they had killed their only healer companion and what would they do now? I don't remember anyone mentioning anyone else, but I'd imagine that Kaliyo was on that list, and (hopefully) Skadge, too.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for those complaints. My first Assassin (pre-4.0) had to wait until HOTH for a healer companion. You learn to cope with the absence of heals. And of course the game warned you, and common sense says that killing your companion is going to be a terminal experience for him.

There is an option for Jaesa where you say you're going to kill her, though I'm not sure if it killed her in beta or not. Now it has her talk you out of it or something, so don't be afraid to choose it. Edited by GelstonJ

It's documented that you could kill Quinn in the SW story, and people did, and then they whined and whined and whined that they had killed their only healer companion and what would they do now? I don't remember anyone mentioning anyone else, but I'd imagine that Kaliyo was on that list, and (hopefully) Skadge, too.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for those complaints. My first Assassin (pre-4.0) had to wait until HOTH for a healer companion. You learn to cope with the absence of heals. And of course the game warned you, and common sense says that killing your companion is going to be a terminal experience for him.

I didn't even play in the beta, and even I heard about all the whining about killing Quinn! I found it funny at the time. I was all "Well, yeah, you KILLED HIM guys, what did you expect would happen?" Of course, our ship droids can heal too, so that was a potential backup for a dead Quinn, but I don't know if that functionality existed back in beta or not.

Now that any companion can fulfill any role, it would be interesting if at some point the devs went back and add back in some or all the "kill your companion" options to the class stories. I doubt they'll do it at this point, what with their limited resources, but it would be fun if they did!

Smugglers used have to to wait until Hoth for their healer as well. Not as bad as the Inquisitor's case for Scoundrels at least, as they can spec heals, but levelling any healer through their class story was such a damn pain back in the day. Soooooo slow. And if you rolled Gunslinger, you were SOL until you reached the fishman.

Edited by AscendingSky

I didn't even play in the beta, and even I heard about all the whining about killing Quinn! I found it funny at the time. I was all "Well, yeah, you KILLED HIM guys, what did you expect would happen?" Of course, our ship droids can heal too, so that was a potential backup for a dead Quinn, but I don't know if that functionality existed back in beta or not.

Now that any companion can fulfill any role, it would be interesting if at some point the devs went back and add back in some or all the "kill your companion" options to the class stories. I doubt they'll do it at this point, what with their limited resources, but it would be fun if they did!

Smugglers used have to to wait until Hoth for their healer as well. Not as bad as the Inquisitor's case for Scoundrels at least, as they can spec heals, but levelling any healer through their class story was such a damn pain back in the day. Soooooo slow. And if you rolled Gunslinger, you were SOL until you reached the fishman.

Probably won't add it back in, due to expansions using some of them in important roles, like Quinn... And really I doubt they want to go back to messing with Vanilla content.

I wasn't in the beta either (I started not long before 2.0 came out - late enough to only have planet-specific commendations from Tython, Coruscant on one character, and Ord Mantell, Coruscant on another), but I think the ship droids couldn't heal back then. They could quite literally just take up space on your ship and make gratingly obsequious remarks every time you went past them. Even after they were given healing abilities, their combat performance was bugged - they couldn't equip a weapon, and consequently went around punching out enemies if you used them in the field. (Of course, they never fixed the intro cinematics where they say they aren't built for combat with a blaster pistol clearly visible on their "hip".)

I wasn't in the beta either (I started not long before 2.0 came out - late enough to only have planet-specific commendations from Tython, Coruscant on one character, and Ord Mantell, Coruscant on another), but I think the ship droids couldn't heal back then. They could quite literally just take up space on your ship and make gratingly obsequious remarks every time you went past them. Even after they were given healing abilities, their combat performance was bugged - they couldn't equip a weapon, and consequently went around punching out enemies if you used them in the field. (Of course, they never fixed the intro cinematics where they say they aren't built for combat with a blaster pistol clearly visible on their "hip".)

I remember the punching! So hilarious. It meant I never took the droids out after I realized they were so damn bugged, but still hilarious the first time I saw it.