Alacrity/APM question

captainwesson

Ok...so maybe I shouldn't point this out:

Just in case it's a goof and the devs will insta-fix it...

But has anyone else seen their APM go waaay high after this last patch? On my Combat Sent I'm getting silly APM, like 70's and 80's. Anyone else seeing that? Or is it a problem with Star Parse?

My Alacrity is only at 13.25, so it's not insanely high...

Ok...so maybe I shouldn't point this out:

Just in case it's a goof and the devs will insta-fix it...

But has anyone else seen their APM go waaay high after this last patch? On my Combat Sent I'm getting silly APM, like 70's and 80's. Anyone else seeing that? Or is it a problem with Star Parse?

My Alacrity is only at 13.25, so it's not insanely high...

There's no way you are getting legitimate APMs in the 70-80 range. Currently 13.25% alacrity is pretty low, with that level of Alacrity you are 55-60 in most cases [of course internet connection, resource buffering and other tech issues can effect APMs] even at 20% alacrity [base] you wouldn't be reaching 70-80 range, it's been tested in the recent past.

I play a Carnage Marauder [for last 5 years], am performance minded and have higher Alacrity than that and not getting anywhere near those APMS and know of no instances of anyone else doing so. I'm assuming as well you are not just button mashing simply to increase APMS and are following the general recommended rotation variants.

Suggestion - parse with multiple parsers [star Parse and Parsec for example] and see if the APMS match up in both to see if it's a bug with Star Parse.

If it's not, it is still in all likelihood a bug of some sort and is not the norm. The results of your DPS [the actual DPS achieved at the end of a parse] should give you a strong leaning as to actual state of your APMS and not just what it says at the end of a parse. APMs like that would skyrocket your DPS to levels not normally attainable with a similar build/gear level to yours. Unless your DPS is in the 12K + range on a dummy parse, you're not actually doing 70-80 APMs.

Please share any further findings you may have regarding this, would be interested to find out the cause. Best of Luck.

Ok so I did a real parse (I always keep parser on even when raiding or just derping around). I'll claim idiocy on this one :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure the extra APM was coming from my companion. He's in heal role, but he likes to shoot things, too lol. The real parse on the ship dummy has realistic numbers (54 APM). I guess I never noticed Star Parse counting companion damage before. Haha...so...thanks guys, but it's just me on this one :D

Ok so I did a real parse (I always keep parser on even when raiding or just derping around). I'll claim idiocy on this one :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure the extra APM was coming from my companion. He's in heal role, but he likes to shoot things, too lol. The real parse on the ship dummy has realistic numbers (54 APM). I guess I never noticed Star Parse counting companion damage before. Haha...so...thanks guys, but it's just me on this one :D

Was an honest mistake. We all make them =]

54 sounds about right. Too bad, 70-80 APM would be awesome!

54 sounds about right.

On the dummy that's still kinda low for Carnage afaik?

Our Carnage Mara recently got 56apm overall on our last Styrak NiM kill, a 19min fight.

He complained afterwards that he now needs a new hand:D

Edited by Torvai