Companion Clothing

Grizzleyy

To get straight to the question, where can I buy/get new clothing for my companions to wear? I'm not talking about the customization options where you can change their look entirely. I mean new gear to wear. I know the gear doesn't have any stats, but I wouldn't mind making my companions stand out from everyone else's. I should point out I'm talking about the original companions we get from 1-50 for any class. Thanks!

Literally anywhere. Any gear you can wear, they can wear, with a few exceptions*. The GTN (Galactic Trade Network), the Cartel Market, random world drops, hand-me-downs as your character gets better clothing (so you give your "old" clothing to your companion)... Whatever looks good, you can put on your companions.

*There are a few clothing options (dancers' outfits) that are female-only, which can only go on female characters or female companions. There are also various companions who cannot be "dressed" conventionally, but rather have their appearance altered purely through customization - Khem Val, Broonmark, Blizz, M1-4X, T7-01, and SCORPIO.

Literally anywhere. Any gear you can wear, they can wear, with a few exceptions*. The GTN (Galactic Trade Network), the Cartel Market, random world drops, hand-me-downs as your character gets better clothing (so you give your "old" clothing to your companion)... Whatever looks good, you can put on your companions.

*There are a few clothing options (dancers' outfits) that are female-only, which can only go on female characters or female companions. There are also various companions who cannot be "dressed" conventionally, but rather have their appearance altered purely through customization - Khem Val, Broonmark, Blizz, M1-4X, T7-01, and SCORPIO.

Haha, wow! I had no idea they could wear what we wear. Thanks for the response!

Sure thing! Oh hey, also, here's a link to TOR Fashion, a website chronicling darn near every armor set in game, as well as pictures that people submit of their characters or companions to show off their outfits. There's a subcategory on there, too - Customized Sets: Companions - that's dedicated solely to companions. Finding inspiration for outfits there is really fun (...and time-consuming :p).

In addition, if you want a "team" look where you and your companion are dressed the same or similarly, you can stamp a piece of armor onto your "outfit" and then put it on your companion.

But use an outfit that doesn't require unify color, as it won't work for companions in many cutscenes.

Edited by Mubrak

There are a few things that only males can wear (some Social Items vendor gear, for example), including the "Basic Underwear (male)" which is a pair of shorts like the ones you see when you take your character's trousers / cone-skirt off. And some sex-tied gear is not "revealing", such as the Social I clothes.

And there are some companions who can be partially dressed, for example:

* Tanno Vik, Ashara - no head gear

* Yuun - no head gear or gloves

* Qyzen Fess - no head gear or gloves or boots