Patch 5.3 and class balance.

truevalon

Can we finally have some class balancing? If BW reps have paid any attention at all to the boards and the game they might notice that the game is currently in its worst state of class balance since release.

There has been no word on any changes from the devs. Are they just completly blind to the state of the classes and spec?

Actually I dont think class balance is completely the problem here, the fact that the gearing is so screwed up at the moment til things get settled after 5.2, class balance is being made worse because of the gear issues. Hopefully with the changes being made to gearing it will start to get better.

Even before 5.2 Lightning and Madness Sorc had their dps crippled.

Powertech are not glasscannons, they are glassfarts

Mercs can outheal 3-4 dps'ers focusing them using their cooldowns

What are operatives? Are anyone even playing them outside of the rare healer here and there, their dps specs might as well be called mild dots in terms of damage, even their ability to interupt has been castrated.

9 second aoe slow? Now way that is too much.

5.2 did not cause any of this. BW devs and their complete lack of insight did.

• 2 months later...

Personally what I would like to see is

1, the Unassembled Components to be legacy as apposed to tied to a single character that would make life allot easier for gearing a toon it would allow pvpers with multiple alts to do there daily and weeklys to build it up and just overall would reward people for grinding out dailies and weeklys

2, I think there should be a vendor separate for mid maxing so you can use the components to buy the proper Mod or Enhancements without having to constantly grind to get a piece to mod rip to achieve that.

3, mercs/mando need a nerf to there global length the energy shield reduction should be moved down to the legendary tree since it takes 3 secs off your global timer every hit and they can just heal back to full again because people are to idiotic to stun them and wait for it to go away. Also the off heals should require more energy to use so they cant just LOS and or stun to heal back up to full again when they already have 4 life bars to begin with.

4, Snipers need a longer global timer/energy consumption on there aoe fire spam. Reminds me allot of the 3.0 sorc aoe lighting before you guys nerfed it by speeding up the channel and it requiring allot more force. A similar nerf should be considered for that.

5, Vanguards/Powertechs should get the same utility option for adrenaline rush/kolto overload as Commando/Mercs for there universal global to heal them to 70% since its a trooper/bounty hunter universal ability.

Edited by ddaughertyjr