The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Revan Novel A Huge Dissapointment

iacenamon

The writing was sub-par, even for a Star Wars novel. However, I did like the character development on the Exile and Revan.

Spoiler alert, both game and book...

I did not like how M3 died. It was like a lot of the big characters in Harry Potter. 7 novels building them up, and in one sentence, they are dead, never to be mentioned again. It felt that way for me with M3.

I didn't do the Jedi Knight story line until after reading the novel, so I must admit, I was very excited to see Lord Scourge.

In the Maelstrom Prison, it was cool to rescue Revan, after all his time of captivity.

My overall thoughts on the book, for a prequel to this game, it was good. For a sequel to KOTOR I & II, it was OK. As a Star Wars novel, it was OK. For a fiction novel, it was poor. There are better authors that have written for Star Wars that I wish they would have used instead. But that is true for any of the TOR novels.

Now, one thing I still don't understand.... Why didn't Revan's children take on his last name? All of his descendents to the present have continued to use Bastilla Shan's name. Why? She was a decently powered jedi. But no one big. Revan, well, he was Revan. Why would they not take his name? LOL

The writing was sub-par, even for a Star Wars novel. However, I did like the character development on the Exile and Revan.

Spoiler alert, both game and book...

I did not like how M3 died. It was like a lot of the big characters in Harry Potter. 7 novels building them up, and in one sentence, they are dead, never to be mentioned again. It felt that way for me with M3.

I didn't do the Jedi Knight story line until after reading the novel, so I must admit, I was very excited to see Lord Scourge.

In the Maelstrom Prison, it was cool to rescue Revan, after all his time of captivity.

My overall thoughts on the book, for a prequel to this game, it was good. For a sequel to KOTOR I & II, it was OK. As a Star Wars novel, it was OK. For a fiction novel, it was poor. There are better authors that have written for Star Wars that I wish they would have used instead. But that is true for any of the TOR novels.

Now, one thing I still don't understand.... Why didn't Revan's children take on his last name? All of his descendents to the present have continued to use Bastilla Shan's name. Why? She was a decently powered jedi. But no one big. Revan, well, he was Revan. Why would they not take his name? LOL

care to enlighten us as to what his last name is? :p i thought not...care to ask revan? oh wait, his memory was destroyed...trust me, if his last name was listed ANYWHERE, i would have a jedi knight named...some anagram of revans name like avner or vaner in the book, with a legacy of revans last name

• 1 year later...
I really liked the book, one o the reasons was because i got it on audio book from audible.

Great VO and music and sounds. Also i found the novel to be very immersive.Hundred times more

immersive then this game.

I too had thos on audiobook and LOVED it!

I listend to it while playing SW:TOR and by the end of it i had a Sith jugg on lvl 50 and a Jedi Knight on lvl 40 :)

I too had thos on audiobook and LOVED it!

I listend to it while playing SW:TOR and by the end of it i had a Sith jugg on lvl 50 and a Jedi Knight on lvl 40 :)

Did you get a necromancer to 80 as well? Because only one so strong in the arts, could pull this off.