New starting cutscenes

KellKenoby

And by "starting," just to clarify - they mean the short, higher-quality cutscene you *first* see after that iconic scrolling text fades away, and likely nothing afterwards. For example, the smuggler's introduced zooming recklessly into a startlingly large space battle over Ord Mantell. The Sith Warrior is on a shuttle coming from a Star Destroyer as it moves toward Korriban. The bounty hunter and agent are on a transport as it rattles in toward Nal Hutta, etc. etc. Those cutscenes. Now I'm curious as to what those look like now, because *before*, they were pretty amazing... :eek:

And by "starting," just to clarify - they mean the short, higher-quality cutscene you *first* see after that iconic scrolling text fades away, and likely nothing afterwards. For example, the smuggler's introduced zooming recklessly into a startlingly large space battle over Ord Mantell. The Sith Warrior is on a shuttle coming from a Star Destroyer as it moves toward Korriban. The bounty hunter and agent are on a transport as it rattles in toward Nal Hutta, etc. etc. Those cutscenes. Now I'm curious as to what those look like now, because *before*, they were pretty amazing... :eek:

No, other starting cutscenes, with the first dialogues. Just create a new character and you'll see.

Edited by KellKenoby

I watched Inquisitor, Warrior, Agent and Knight on Youtube and they all looked very good. All the same dialog is there, just more camera movement, more character movement, more facial expressions.

Agent's was changed a bit to add more suspense. (And didn't that rodian used to get kneed in the groin? Or am I thinking of BH intro?)

Overall I think the changes look good and are improvements.

I watched Inquisitor, Warrior, Agent and Knight on Youtube and they all looked very good. All the same dialog is there, just more camera movement, more character movement, more facial expressions.

Agent's was changed a bit to add more suspense. (And didn't that rodian used to get kneed in the groin? Or am I thinking of BH intro?)

Overall I think the changes look good and are improvements.

I just went back and looked at one of my old video files and yes he did get kneed in the crotch lmao XD (I took a screenshot) http://i.imgur.com/BMk2dYE.png

I just went back and looked at one of my old video files and yes he did get kneed in the crotch lmao XD (I took a screenshot) http://i.imgur.com/BMk2dYE.png

Your agent looks utterly disgusted. XD Or he's wincing in sympathy. That's a beautiful screenshot...in a cringe-y, painful, hilariously awful way... :p (Also, your agent looks amazing. Chiss + white uniform = !!!)

I love the smuggler's new cutscene. It makes a lot more sense, actually.

You know how Corso comes skidding into the hangar, all panicked about the approaching Separatists? But we first see him fixing a speeder, without a care in the world, and then when he's relaying the news about the Separatists, he doesn't seem all that concerned. In the new version, however, as the smuggler's ship comes in for a landing we see Corso on a hillside near the hangar...doubled over in exhaustion/pain from running for his life. He appears a few minutes later, sprinting into the hangar, yelling his dialogue about the Separatists taking over the relay station or whatever it was, while still running towards Skavak and the smuggler, who are already moving to meet him.

The banter between Skavak and the smuggler, when they first meet, is a lot less static due to their varied postures and facial expressions. They also move around a lot more, which seems very natural. In the old version, Skavak apologizes for the rush, but there's...not really any discernible hurry in his movements. In the new version, several droids are busily scurrying about the place (one nearly bumps into the smuggler), and Skavak moves a lot faster, implying genuine haste.

Do I read into things too much? Yes, yes I do. And it's fun. :D

Your agent looks utterly disgusted. XD Or he's wincing in sympathy. That's a beautiful screenshot...in a cringe-y, painful, hilariously awful way... :p (Also, your agent looks amazing. Chiss + white uniform = !!!)

I love the smuggler's new cutscene. It makes a lot more sense, actually.

You know how Corso comes skidding into the hangar, all panicked about the approaching Separatists? But we first see him fixing a speeder, without a care in the world, and then when he's relaying the news about the Separatists, he doesn't seem all that concerned. In the new version, however, as the smuggler's ship comes in for a landing we see Corso on a hillside near the hangar...doubled over in exhaustion/pain from running for his life. He appears a few minutes later, sprinting into the hangar, yelling his dialogue about the Separatists taking over the relay station or whatever it was, while still running towards Skavak and the smuggler, who are already moving to meet him.

The banter between Skavak and the smuggler, when they first meet, is a lot less static due to their varied postures and facial expressions. They also move around a lot more, which seems very natural. In the old version, Skavak apologizes for the rush, but there's...not really any discernible hurry in his movements. In the new version, several droids are busily scurrying about the place (one nearly bumps into the smuggler), and Skavak moves a lot faster, implying genuine haste.

Do I read into things too much? Yes, yes I do. And it's fun. :D

Thank you! :D <3 later on I disguised him for every planet but early on I had my fun with the white uniform XD

Wow that sounds really cool :o I already have like 40 characters but...what's a few more?! >:3 I want to see the new scenes

Thank you! :D <3 later on I disguised him for every planet but early on I had my fun with the white uniform XD

Wow that sounds really cool :o I already have like 40 characters but...what's a few more?! >:3 I want to see the new scenes

I particularly like the new Consular one:

The movements of the camera make the scenes seem more alive. At the point in Syo's office, when he recites the Jedi Code just before Yuon comes in, the camera switches to look past the character from behind Syo's shoulder, and you see Yuon as she hurries in from the outside.

I particularly like the new Consular one:

The movements of the camera make the scenes seem more alive. At the point in Syo's office, when he recites the Jedi Code just before Yuon comes in, the camera switches to look past the character from behind Syo's shoulder, and you see Yuon as she hurries in from the outside.

That one's pretty neat, too. I loved that they kept in the consular - instead of immediately heading to meet Syo Bakarn - wandering off to the side and looking out in awe at the absolutely gorgeous scenery of Tython. It certainly establishes their character right off the bat.

The knight's introduction is pretty much the same as it was before, but when they get off the shuttle and see the Jedi Master beckoning to them, they respond with a bright little smile, their whole face lighting up, like they're just so happy to be on Tython at last. It's utterly adorable.

...oof, that was a long sentence. XD

Edit: Finally found

You can see the smuggler's ship wildly dodging anti-aircraft fire near the end, at about 2:43. :D Now THAT was cool!

Edit: Finally found

You can see the smuggler's ship wildly dodging anti-aircraft fire near the end, at about 2:43. :D Now THAT was cool!

Wicked! So it finally nails down what I've been saying for ages, that the Trooper and Smuggler stories start at almost the same time. (Corso mentions the walker being downed, but there was always wiggle room for it being some other walker, not the one with the Trooper in it.)