I seem to be doing pretty low damage, despite being level 51...

AsariCommandoLt

I'm on my first character and am a level 51 Jedi Knight. I know the game scales your level down when on lower-level planets, but my damage and stats seem to be very weak, even given the scaling down. On Ord Mantell most enemies take quite some time to kill and I don't understand if it's something wrong with my build or if that's just normal giving the scaling down. Can you guys please advise on what I'm getting wrong?

General Stats:

Mastery: 865

Endurance: 589

Power: 196

Critical: 116

Alacricity: 66

Accuracy: 133

Defense: 5

Absorb: 0

Shield: 10

Presence: 552

Melee Stats:

Damage (Primary): 325-374

Damage (Secondary): 25-35

Bonus Damage: 229

Accuracy: 103.66

Critical: 18.65

Critical Multiplier: 52.76

As long as you keep your gear up to date (use modifiable gear and update the mods whenever a new tier is available) there isn't much you can do wrong. Augments and min/maxing are a waste right now, you still have 19 levels left to go.

Ideally, the level sync should put you on par with a player who just barely exceeded the planet's intended level, but in practice you have 40 levels worth of extra abilities, bonuses and procs, so it should be much easier.

Aside from gear, Sentinel isn't the easiest choice for a first character, with the reverse resource management (the longer the fight the more powerful you get) and the tons of different abilities to use. So you may want to start looking for some class tutorials.

Vulkk has great guides for all sentinel disciplines here:

http://vulkk.com/2016/10/08/everything-swtor-knights-eternal-throne-one-place/#Class_Guides_50

Most of the guides on Dulfy use imp terminology. There is only one 5.0 Marauder guide, but 4.0 guides are stil fine for base rotation info.

http://dulfy.net/2016/12/22/swtor-5-0-class-guides-master-list/

http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/4-0-class-guides/4-0-republic/

Edited by Mubrak

Don't forget to repair your armor; it might be broken or close to breaking. At every vendor, there's a button down at the bottom of the screen that says "repair" (I think; can't recall exact wording). Click on it, then click "repair all" at the top of the list.

Seconding the post above mine, however: ditch the accuracy. You don't need it at all until 70 (and I get by without it at a pinch even in ops).

The most important thing to note is: don't overspec power. Power will be level-sinked down, as with endurance, defence and mastery. Take power when you have it (like lethal mods) but don't overspecialize into it.

Replace the accuracy you have with crit.

Generally speaking, I can 1-2 shot things on ord mantell with my autoattack, so you shouldn't be encountering too much trouble.

One super-important thing to note is the necessity to keep your mainhand weapon updated. You can run around the game in the nude, as long as your weapon is a decent level, you will be doing decent damage. I once was running around with a lvl 3 white quality gun and......it was a bit slower than normal.

I'm on my first character and am a level 51 Jedi Knight. I know the game scales your level down when on lower-level planets, but my damage and stats seem to be very weak, even given the scaling down. On Ord Mantell most enemies take quite some time to kill

Jedi Knight on Ord Mantell? Are these regular mobs on the planet or are you there for the FP or ...? Your Mastery, Endurance and Power seem high for Ord Mantell level sync.

I couldn't see what spec you are playing? Did I miss to read it somewhere or you didn't mention it? DoT specs generally do less damage and take longer to kill mobs during leveling. If you are Watchman sentinel, switching to Combat could improve your burst damage significantly.

Thank you, Mubrak, for sharing my guides.

Jedi Knight on Ord Mantell? Are these regular mobs on the planet or are you there for the FP or ...? Your Mastery, Endurance and Power seem high for Ord Mantell level sync.
There's no FP on Ord Mantell. There are some Heroics, but Jedi Knight or Consular characters can't do them, only Smuggler or Trooper. There is however...

... an area North of Oradam Village that Jedi Knights go to somewhat early in their class story, which has slightly higher level enemies than the rest of the planet. Though at level 51, they should still be trivial to deal with.