SWTOR crashing since last Windows 'creators' update

Araldi

Hi all,

After last Windows 10 'creator's' update, my game is crashing when I get into characters' selection. Is anyone else experiencing the same ? If so, does anyone know how to fix it ?

Greetings.

it has nothing to do with game mode, IF it the same crashes i am having and other are seeing, it happens when you tab out before hitting play on the character you want to play., long as i dont tab out before that i have no crashes.

Faulting application name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58bdeecd
Faulting module name: CoreMessaging.dll, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0x9904400e
Exception code: 0xc0000602
Fault offset: 0x0000fb52
Faulting process id: 0xdbc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2acd917029d14
Faulting application path: D:\Games\1st Mmo's\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\CoreMessaging.dll
Report Id: 1ba7db01-09a6-4fb6-b138-b59d76cd5dec
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Edited by Kyuuu

If it's crashing I would post a copy of your DxDiag log the next time it crashes to help see what may be going on. You can post the log as per this link here and the best place to get further assistance on this issue and to post the log would be on the Customer Service Forum here

Prior to posting I would search through there to see if a thread on the issue your having already exists or if you are getting a specific error if there is a thread on that error.

Thx all, looked for it but I didn't find it as that one seems to deal with xbox, though I got 2 thoughts. I tried some of them, 2 worked out and now it's running:

1.- Run as administrator: I already had that selected, but I made sure to launch it with right click, 'run as admnistrator'.

2.- At the same time, I didn't ALT + TAB and waited until the characters' selection screen.

Doing both things, the game is running again. Now I'll try to find out which (or both) are needed.

Thanks all for your help !

Edited by Araldi

• 2 weeks later...

It's not since W10 Creators update. Happened to me before when I had open Discord. I had to close it, then launch SWTOR. But now it doesn't matter if Discord is on or off. Tried to reinstall 3 times SWTOR from 0 (with the amount of ours it requires, and blocking pc (they need to fix the hell out of the launcher's amount of bandwidth when it updates)

Still nothing, Is like a nightmare. I have to open it, NOT TOUCH ANYTHING for 5 minutes, then pray when i click on screen at character selection that it doesn't crash....

And nope, I have disabled Game DVR, Nvidia streaming, everything xD And no crash log

Edited by Echu

It's not since W10 Creators update. Happened to me before when I had open Discord. I had to close it, then launch SWTOR. But now it doesn't matter if Discord is on or off. Tried to reinstall 3 times SWTOR from 0 (with the amount of ours it requires, and blocking pc (they need to fix the hell out of the launcher's amount of bandwidth when it updates)

Still nothing, Is like a nightmare. I have to open it, NOT TOUCH ANYTHING for 5 minutes, then pray when i click on screen at character selection that it doesn't crash....

And nope, I have disabled Game DVR, Nvidia streaming, everything xD And no crash log

No it is the update. I never had a single crash before the creator update and now it crashes every time. I literally just had 5 straight crashes tabbed out, and I tried the tab in and it doesn't crash. It's re creatable with tabbing out every single time.

Edited by Devilk

it has nothing to do with game mode, IF it the same crashes i am having and other are seeing, it happens when you tab out before hitting play on the character you want to play., long as i dont tab out before that i have no crashes.

This.

It's exactly this. And it happens since the last Windows update.

I've tabbed a way very often while the game was loading or on the selection screen without any crashes.

Since the update I can reproduce this crash behavior with just tabbing away before choosing a character.

like it been said DONT TAB OUT till after you have click play on character and it start loading, tabbing out before this results in the crash.

Dont expect BW to fix this either, there better chance MS fixes what ever changed in to OS that causes this.

Edited by Kyuuu