White Acute Modules Deactivated-getting bonus exp since 4/11/17

LadyRoyalport

Just a quick heads up to @Musco, it seems the White Acute Modules that are supposed to prevent you from receiving the bonus exp for the event have been deactivated. I have them on a lot of my toons and they are still getting the 250% bonus instead of the standard exp points. Not a big deal really, I'm just not going to play my smaller toons until the event is over.

Just a quick heads up to @Musco, it seems the White Acute Modules that are supposed to prevent you from receiving the bonus exp for the event have been deactivated. I have them on a lot of my toons and they are still getting the 250% bonus instead of the standard exp points. Not a big deal really, I'm just not going to play my smaller toons until the event is over.

Well there goes my whole Easter weekend of playing 😢

Why wouldn't you want to gain xp?

From 61-66 I do not want accelerated XP.. as I want to run as many heroic 2s as possible to get double alliance crate drops. Accelerated XP largely ruins that.

In my case, I simply will wait for 5.2 to drop as I am in no hurry and have 4 characters ready to go.

Edited by Andryah

Thanks for the heads up, and I guess I am not surprised that the acute modules might go inactive, since the xp bar showing bonus XP in effect did too.

Why wouldn't you want to gain xp?

Because some people like to take their time to lvl and experience as much of the game as possible. Not everyone is about rushing through the story. That is a good way to miss out on all the best parts of the vanilla game.

IMO lvl sync and making things easier really ruined the vanilla game for people because most don't even bother with planetary quests, which you actually had to do to get high enough to leave the planet. I would guess that a lot of the new players the game has attracted since they went story mode haven't even done or seen lots of the vanilla game which is much better than most of the expansions, especially the combat.

Back then accelerated XP events had a place because it was much harder and slower to lvl. I don't think they are needed anymore because you can lvl so fast just by doing class quests.

There are also people like myself who've played the game for years and done every story multiple times and just want to play one or two parts of the game to lvl. I don't do any story now to lvl (except to get to lvl 10). All I do is pvp and I like to take my time because I enjoy all the different brackets. It also allows me to keep a couple of characters in each bracket if I'm helping newbies or friends to learn pvp. By having accelerated XP I can't do that.

I could be doing lvl 70, but frankly this whole grinding RNG system has created a gear gap and pvp at lvl 70 isn't just about skill anymore, it's about gear. That is a big turn off for someone who isn't interested in gear gaps to have advantages over other people.

From 61-66 I do not want accelerated XP.. as I want to run as many heroic 2s as possible to get double alliance crate drops. Accelerated XP largely ruins that.

In my case, I simply will wait for 5.2 to drop as I am in no hurry and have 4 characters ready to go.

This guy just posted the only valid reason I have ever heard not to want bonus XP. Bravo. ;)