Returning player.

IvoSr

Yes, if I were you I'd probably pick a class and start it from scratch. I had a very hard time remembering how to play any of my characters after I came back from a long absence. And then you'll get specific questions about specific things, which is much easier to answer or research~

Well alright then... Easy enough because the more I read the more I realize that there's not a lot of the game I remember.

You'll find that you're leveling insanely fast, as the result of an experience boost going on right now - when you get to level sixty/sixty-five, you'll get a mission on your ship's terminal telling you to start Knights of the Fallen Empire / Knights of the Eternal Throne. If you haven't finished (in this order) your class story/companion conversations, Rise of the Hutt Cartel, and Shadow of Revan/Ziost, you will be locked out of doing those if you accept Fallen Empire/Eternal Throne. There's a post around here somewhere that shows the order for going through the various expansions...hmm, let me go dig it up...

Edit: Found it! http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8708027&postcount=3 Knights of the Fallen Empire is now complete, and Knights of the Eternal Throne comes immediately after it.

If this is your first time going through those stories, I highly recommend you take your time and complete them before moving on to KOTFE/KOTET. They set up essential backstory and lore pertaining to those latter expansions. Jumping straight into them will be...confusing, to say the absolute least.

Also, welcome back to the game!! :D

Edited by Jagaimee

You'll find that you're leveling insanely fast, as the result of an experience boost going on right now - when you get to level sixty/sixty-five, you'll get a mission on your ship's terminal telling you to start Knights of the Fallen Empire / Knights of the Eternal Throne. If you haven't finished (in this order) your class story/companion conversations, Rise of the Hutt Cartel, and Shadow of Revan/Ziost, you will be locked out of doing those if you accept Fallen Empire/Eternal Throne.

Oh gosh good catch. Don't start kotfe until you're sure you're done with everything else!

That's pretty much exactly what type of info I was looking for Jaigamee. Thank you oh and I probably misspelled your display name. Sorry about that

Pff, don't worry a thing about that. :p Just glad to be of help. Welcome back; I hope you have a fun time here!

Edited by Jagaimee

I would also add on server considerations. Depending on what kind of stuff you want to get into, it may be prudent to pick a new server from where you were before (I believe character transfers are still on sale too if you want to keep any old characters together).

If you want to significant group content, Harbinger (US) and Red Eclipse (Europe) are the most populated servers. If that's not that important, and you just want a healthy GTN economy, less populated serves with friendlier communities (ex. Shadowlands, Ebon Hawk) would probably be a good choice.

Welcome back!