Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Patch 5.0 stance change concern

LegionPothIX

I'm a returning player trying to understand something I read in the 5.0 patch notes where all the chances got changed to being passive, always on, spec specific things. This seems like a nerf to me since stances couldn't be dispelled previously (even by death) and that we now can't (?) change stances to fit our play style or accommodate different circumstances.

Am I wrong on this?

What's the reasoning behind this?

Does this affect threat generation? It reads like it does.

Where does that leave me as a player who mains Kinetic Combat Shadow in DPS Gear (using the Force Stance instead of the tank stance)?

It reads like my entire style of play has been totally invalidated for no reason, and I'm feeling totally alienated from a game I once put a lot of time (being a pre-launch, pre-beta fan-girl) and (some) money into over the years.

All of my existing main characters (DPS geared Tank spec'd classes) have been rendered completely unplayable by virtue of not being able to manage my own threat, and that has become very needlessly problematic, and understandably upsetting.

Edited by LegionPothIX

Now your stance is based on your Discipline. If you want to change stance you have to change Discipline.

If your stance used to alter threat generation, it still alters threat generation in exactly the same way.

They didn't do this for no reason. They did it to simplify game play.

But as you say, it does remove your choice on the matter.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.