FPs in Solo Mode

Are veteran and master level FPs survivable in solo mode? Do you get better gear?

You don't get any additional rewards for doing them solo vs having a full group. The only advantage to going solo is if a deco drops you don't need to fight over it.

Most geared/skilled players can solo vet mode of some flash points. Some can solo some master modes. It's usually faster to go with at least 2 people. You'll also have a much easier time on stealth classes since you can skip some of the difficult trash.

Do you get better gear in vet or master mode than in solo mode?

Flashpoints help gearing only indirectly if you're level 70 already, by granting command experience points for the accursed Galactic Command, no gear drops (not sure if this will change when 5.2 is live).

if you're not 70 yet, Vet FP bosses drop some blue gear (purple from MM which you can do from level 50), same type you would get from the reward gear crates from heroics, scaled to your level. You also get more experience points and more credits.

If you're only concerned about acquiring better gear, heroics and/or buying mods from fleet vendors is the best/faster way to go before level cap (actually I think heroics stop rewarding gear crates at level 65).

At level cap, presently, Operations, PvP and GC. From April 11th, Operations.

If you're only concerned about acquiring better gear, heroics and/or buying mods from fleet vendors is the best/faster way to go before level cap (actually I think heroics stop rewarding gear crates at level 65).

At level cap, presently, Operations, PvP and GC. From April 11th, Operations.

I'm looking for 230 mods in gear I get so I can take the mods for my cartel gear. I've noticed cartel gear is great when you are levelling up, but at 210 mods for level 65 you hit the max, and that a lot of the random gear you get is better than your custom gear. I like my characters' looks, so I don't want to switch to random drop stuff. Found out you can take the higher mods (is 230 the highest?) and use them. So that is what I'm looking for.

On a side not, I'm also starting to craft level 10 augment kits so I can improve my gear that way. Having lots of fun with the crafting stuff.

Edited by Buellzebubba

Well if looks are the problem you can use outfit designer. Swtorista has a brief video explaining how to use it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUoiycUdklE. With it you can look however you like independent from the gear that actually gives you stats.

As for 230s, you start getting that at level 70 from the Galactic command crates (they're moddable pieces so you can extract mods etc. from them to put into different shells if you want) or you can simply buy the mods from the GTN. 230 gear also drops from storymode Operations currently but this will change for the better in a couple of weeks.

If you like crafting, 230s schematics are fairly easily acquired from crates (purple mods, enhancements and armorings have 100 % reverse engineering success rate. For implants, earpieces and relics you need the schematic to drop though and those are a bit worse than the best versions - mk-3s at item rating 230 - available which cannot be learned by RE unfortunately). And keep in mind that 228s gear is very cheap to craft and while it doesn't have a set bonus, it's perfectly adequate for most content in the game, including a lot of group content. 228s schematics are acquired from the trainers.

Most geared/skilled players can solo vet mode of some flash points. Some can solo some master modes.

And of course someone who's awake can solo Black Talon or Esseles on Veteran with a level 17, or less, even, character. I must try SLS master on my commando with full 7-part MK-3 230 set bonus stuff. (The RNGods loved her!)

I'm looking for 230 mods in gear I get so I can take the mods for my cartel gear. I've noticed cartel gear is great when you are levelling up, but at 210 mods for level 65 you hit the max, and that a lot of the random gear you get is better than your custom gear. I like my characters' looks, so I don't want to switch to random drop stuff. Found out you can take the higher mods (is 230 the highest?) and use them. So that is what I'm looking for.

On a side not, I'm also starting to craft level 10 augment kits so I can improve my gear that way. Having lots of fun with the crafting stuff.

Sorry, missed this one. If you have the right combinations of crew skills, you can craft 220-blue mods (requires level 65 to use) and reverse engineer them to learn schematics for 228-purple mods (requires level 68).

Resistive armorings (for tanks) require Armormech, while Versatile ones require Synthweaving.

Barrels require Armstech.

Hilts require Artifice.

Mods and Enhancements require Cybertech.

I was able to solo some veteran mode FP's as a level 65 capped. However, I found that the overall DPS output was such that the time to kill was not practical.

Walking in with a friend, and their companion, is a much better way to do Veteren FP's, as opposed to solo-ing them.

Anything that has a solo mode, if you are running solo, will give the best reward/time running that solo mode.

Black Talon and Esselles, which scale down to level 10 in veteran mode, are an exception. Now granted, solo mode of these gives you a speeder reward, so it may be worth doing once, but after, go to veteran mode.

A good tank or healer, can solo master mode FP's - IF, there isn't an enrage timer, and there are not mechanics requiring multiple players. The time to kill, can be quite long, and it is sort of an exercise in frustration to go through and do one of these fights solo a second time. Once just for the heck of it, but the reward is definitely not there. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.