Quick play issue

DeiSeth

I've noticed that this issue has been going on for some time now (2012 was the earliest I saw). I had to reinstall the game due to some issues with my computer. After the launcher finished downloading (which took all day to do), I entered the game only to find that it was still downloading. It has not moved from 99.96% for over 7 hours now.

I have done everything I have seen online from just quitting out of the game and logging back in which seemed to work for many, to deleting BitRaider. None of these tricks have done anything :confused: There was even a suggestion to change the language. I'm at the end of my rope here and I don't want to uninstall and then re-install to come back and see it's done nothing.

I just recently resubscribed and I'm feeling like I'm being cheated out of my money, does anyone have any solution at all for this issue?

reset your internet via troubleshooting. this happens to me often where the download isn't going anywhere (says it's downloading 4,000-15,000 kb/s but just not changing speed) I just rebooted my internet via troubleshooting and it reset the launcher download speed (keep the launcher open while troubleshooting) Edited by dxlolman

Pre-patch, usually a good idea to make a backup copy of your entire SWTOR game folder, just in case.

Post patch, and working, update your backup copy of the SWTOR game folder, just in case.

Time to implement /restore = ~20 minutes (with a SSD, will take longer with spinning rust)

I have been saved with this on both sides of a patch, from bricked updates to game crashes that corrupted files (most notably textures, which does interesting things if you are inside a structure).

Edited by Kaveat