Oscar Streaming

OscarDivine

I haven't played since January, fun to watch.

One note, you have more turning ability in up/down than left/right. You aren't rolling your ship to prioritize your rotation to up/down. Especially when you approach a sitting gunship, always roll perpendicular to the gunship, so when it jitters forwards with space bar, you'll be in perfect orientation to follow the move. You're missing a few shots in this situation specifically, as the the right turn doesn't offer enough turning power.

It also doesn't appear you have strafe in easy to use key binds. Strafe will help you in close obstacle fights, as well as causing all but the best gunship pilots to be a little more likely to miss.(Very crucial to the the strike's that can't evasion stack, so evasion is mostly up to my own flying.)

As a near exclusive strike pilot myself, these are subtle improvements that let me go toe to toe with those that fly the better ships, as they fail to fully utilize what their ship is capable of.

Rycer

Edited by ThrakhathSpawn

My personal keybinds changes.

Strafe up - E(targeting Key previously that was E gets bumped to R)

Strafe down - Q

Strafe left - C

Strafe right V

Look at target - F

Target last attackers - G

Freely look about - Z

These are what I remember, I could be forgetting something. I also had a few camera direction keybinds on my NAGA. I know I changed capslock to something useful, but what it was I no longer recall.

When you give up the notion of the plane you spawn in as an orientation of up/down; similar to Ender's Game, you'll become much harder to hit, and also gain accuracy. The difference, is instead of "The enemy's gate is down", "The direction I want to go is up/down", and spin accordingly.

Since the map doesn't spin with you, this can disorient, but you'll eventually be able to translate merely by observing objects that always orient according to spawn.

Rycer

P.S. Since your favorite is retro thruster, a look back key bind that you tap can let you know safe vs not safe.

Edited by ThrakhathSpawn

• 3 weeks later...