Leveling TK sage - single target damage?

Mashugana

My TK Sage is now level 52. What is my basic rotation for single target damage?

I feel like I just tear normal groups apart with Force Quake and Force Wave. But if I face 2 Strong enemies or an Elite enemy it just takes forever to burn them down. I think my single target rotation must be wrong.

Any advice on the basics? Thanks.

My TK Sage is now level 52. What is my basic rotation for single target damage?

I feel like I just tear normal groups apart with Force Quake and Force Wave. But if I face 2 Strong enemies or an Elite enemy it just takes forever to burn them down. I think my single target rotation must be wrong.

Any advice on the basics? Thanks.

It is more nuanced than it seems. But it flows very well and it is one of the most energy friendly disciplines in the game(if not the most friendly). Here's how I do it:

Weaken Mind -> TkT Gust -> Mind Crush -> Mental Alacrity + Force Potency -> Turbulence -> TkT Wave -> Force Speed -> 2x Disturbance / TkT Burst -> TkT Wave -> Turbulence -> TkT Gust -> Mind Crush etc etc.

It is a very simple and elegant rotation, it just requires a lot of clicking. The idea is this:

-> Turbulence: Must be on CD + cast only on enemies affacted by Weaken

-> TkT Wave: Use only when the insta cast procs(I feel like it procs less in 5,0).

-> Weaken Mind: Always keep on the enemy

-> Use Mental Alacrity + Force Potency when big bursts are about to happen(ideally just before Turbulence / TkT Wave)

-> TkT Gust: Use on CD, maintain MC with it // semi filler

-> TkT Burst / Disturbance: Filler, but also activates the TkT Wave proc

-> Force Quake: Only when 5+ enemies are attacking

It's just...the numbers for these skills are fubard. Everything's just fine with TkT, with the exception of the most important thing: the efficiency of numbers.

edit: For leveling you can probably skip the TkT Gust + MC combo. Or use TkT Gust as a free insta cast damage. But if fighting a tougher Elite or a Champion, you'd best use Gust with MC.

edit edit: Forgot to ask you the most important question. How do you play? What is your usual rotation? What do you use and what don't you use?

Edited by Cuiwe

you'll see the sign on the enemy debuff bar, and eventually some move will refresh it automatically and you won't really have to think about it.

For now tough, remember to refresh it every 2 Turbulence.

your best single target rotation for solo pve btw is

pre-cast mind crush

force potency

turbulence

tk gust

tk wave

(fill with disturbance/TK burst when you'll have it)

Turbulence

Tbh dont think anything will still be standing after that. if its a champion, check out what the end-game priority list is, it still applies there.

If your "bigger" mob is near others, a pre-cast hard casted TK Wave can be a better idea than mind crush there. Tbh you could probably charge in saber swinging with your basic attack your companion with good influence will do the heavy lifting :p