Help me understand this, please

bluehufsa

As an imperial character, you first met Revan on Foundry, in a flashpoint, yet in the end there is no dead body, he just disappears. Second time, on Yavin, Revan reunites with his .. Jedi self and disappears into thin air again. So.. did you actually killed Revan or not? Was he able to become one with the Force then return to his human form ? I'm confused.

The way I see it: upon his defeat in the Foundry his personality literally split. His good part died (and reappeared as a Force ghost on Yavin 4) while his bad part didn't (and reappeared on Rakata and continued messing things up). It's a bit confusing but I think you didn't kill his body on Foundry you just wounded him enough so that one part of his spirit was like: "Time to go", and the dark one was "nope". This dark side of personality still resides in his body and he escapes. I'm pretty sure you don't kill his body because it's unlikely Revan is capable of possessing another body or conjuring it out of nowhere, so the man we see later still has to have Revan's body. On Yavin 4, when you best him in a fight his personalities merge and that joined personality becomes one with the Force, which is why he disappears again.

At least that's my theory. It was pretty confusing the first time for me too.

In the Rakata Prime flashpoint, at least on empire side, you can mention to him that you either heard he was dead or that you killed him (if you ran the foundry fp) and he responds:

"Oh I was dead- for all of a blink." So yes, you apparently did kill him. The way Revan describes it after beating him in Shadows of Revan, his light side attempted to become one with the force (and apparently succeeded), while his dark side resisted and regained control of his body...somehow. It's pretty confusing.