The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Mandalorians in the movies

Okay, I don't know how many people share my thoughts, but I absolutely love the Mandalorians. Their culture, ideology, philosophy, etc. What I want to know is, what the swtor community's opinions are on a comeback for the Mandalorians in a future SW film.

Personally, I get tired of the constant Sith/Jedi dynamic, with the Sith always being the disloyal, rage-filled, sob-story antagonists; their ideology lacks nuance that (in my opinion) makes for a better villain. I'd like to see a future film with a renewed Mandalorian army, perhaps the building up of this army taking place in the time after the fall of Darth Vader and during the events of the current trilogy with Rey and Finn. If such a film were to be made, I think it would be cool if they made it a trilogy, with perhaps the first film following the exploits of the new Mand'alor (Who could be everyones favorite bounty hunter, or a new character altogether) in leading his army to reclaim their ancestral home-planet of Mandalore from the peace-loving "Mandalorians" that still inhabit it from the time of the clone wars.

The second and third films could be set years in the future, after said reclaiming, and following a new Mandalorian crusade. With the fall of the Empire and (presumably) the First Order, they would be motivated to test the strength and resolve of the New Republic, not necessarily out of a hatred for the Republic political order or any desire to replace it, but perhaps because it had been many centuries since they threw punches with a galaxy-spanning power, and want to sharpen their military prowess as well as prove their might.

So, what do you think? Would you want to see a rising Mandalorian army in a future SW film? If so, how would you want that to take shape? If not, why not?

Well, I never cared for the idea of a civilization of people who go around killing for sport (Sith aren't much better). It doesn't exactly make for a hero to root for.

Yay! You're a hero! You killed all those people...because of...money...yeah...hmmm. Not that it can't make for an interesting movie, but you don't really get a hero out of that.

Just like we don't get a hero out of a Sith who stays a Sith.

Now, I like to see Mando go against the weaker force users and smugglers and other tech bad-asses. Up against a serious Jedi/Sith? I'll never buy it. Serious Sith/Jedi being the likes of Luke, Vader and such.

Which should be possible, as they've obviously forgotten what Yoda said in EtB, which made it sound like all force users can attain the same level of power, which doesn't seem to be the case at all.

I always thought the mandalorian "culture" as it is described in EU is loads of poppycock.

They are just a bunch of delusional thugs trying to insert some nonexistent honor into life of random killing. Meh. Hopefully if they get into movies they will be more than militant simpletons spewing nonsensical phrases about honor in fighting.

The thing with Mandalorian culture is that it isn't just one culture. Every clan as its own cultures and ideals.

On a side note: BW does no justice to the stories of the Mandalorians just made them all Imperial Bounty Hunters that hunted Jedi just like the Jango and Boba Fett. Read the books. There are even Mandalorian Jedi.

Edited by XeniasLatin

I always thought the mandalorian "culture" as it is described in EU is loads of poppycock.

They are just a bunch of delusional thugs trying to insert some nonexistent honor into life of random killing. Meh. Hopefully if they get into movies they will be more than militant simpletons spewing nonsensical phrases about honor in fighting.

And as the real life Spartans proved, a warrior society will only lead to the degradation of that society.

IF they want to add in a filler movie/s between the next 2 sw films, the Mandalorians would make a nice & different storyline away from the main one. But only as a filler between 8 & 9 or even after Perhaps a new story arc starting with 10.

Hell i dont know.