Losing connection to server - but not being dc'ed.

JediMasterMartin

So, upon random intervals, I'll go from my usual 50 odd ms ping, to losing connection. This has been a regular occurrence since the last patch. The game however, does not kick me out for dc, just stays in till I manually log out. Once logged out, I can't log back in for a while, never getting past the KOTET poster when logging in. No internet issues, everything else is working. Game is being rendered unplayable.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have had this happen from time to time, not so often it became a problem though.

I found it to be related to the connectivity "pings"

I am normally at 60-70 but every once in a while ( at times) the connection spikes to 10 000+ and then disconnects ( te red X on your connection indicator)

usually it lasts a few seconds, and sometimes I am dead when the connection is back.

If it's happening within a certain time period, like every 5 minutes, that's either your ISP interferring or you;ve got something firing off on your computer.

First thing I would do is run a FULL AND MANUAL virus and malware scan on your computer. Be sure to update the definitions MANUALLY before doing so. One more time -->> MANUALLY <<-- Very important.

I know some ISPs like AT&T and some Comcast networks don't like folks like transferring data with programs based on Bit Torrent which this game uses. Not a whole lot you can do with those type of ISPs.