The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lightning weapon tuning teh cartel market one

Thugari

So I just bought one of there for 1800 cartel coins only to find out after I purchased it that it is not unlockable in collections. Seriously Bioware? you expect us to buy this limited time item for ever character we want it on? get real. At least add that its not unlockable in collections in the description so people know before they buy it. Total bullcrap. Edited by Thugari
spelling

So I just bought one of there for 1800 cartel coins only to find out after I purchased it that it is not unlockable in collections. Seriously Bioware? you expect us to buy this limited time item for ever character we want it on? get real. At least add that its not unlockable in collections in the description so people know before they buy it. Total bullcrap.

YUP I DID NOT KNOW THIS EITHER, or i wouldn't of bought it. I have 12 toons in all. There is no way in hell i would bought 12 or them for what almost 20 bucks a pop, um NOOO! i added to my free 600 in all CC to get the 1800 cc it took to buy it. If i had to flip the full bill for it, again i wouldn't of gotten it. So i was really Pissed when i found it it doesn't unlock in collection. Besides i cant believe these prices on this pixelated stuff is ridiculous. i could see 3 to 5 dollars but you know you have to spend at least 20 bucks to get 2400 cc to buy the item at 1800 cc 20 or more dollars is bull for one item.

Here is an idea. every one wont be able to buy stuff sometimes just because it falls bad for them after payday and their broke. So sell somethings 3 to 6 to 10 bucks in the beginning for that few days then in a few months bring it back a 2nd time and jack up the price then.

I usually back you up BW on most things but not this one, this is just Greedy & Bad Business.

So with that said.

Take Care & Be Well......

When tunings were first introduced they stated then it was not unlocked in the collections at that time. Since they haven't come back and told us that they changed that I would have figured out right now they are not unlocked in collections.

So I just bought one of there for 1800 cartel coins only to find out after I purchased it that it is not unlockable in collections. Seriously Bioware? you expect us to buy this limited time item for ever character we want it on? get real. At least add that its not unlockable in collections in the description so people know before they buy it. Total bullcrap.

BW advised us months ago when the first tuning was introduced that they would not be able to be unlocked in collections, but they would be able to be removed and moved around via legacy weapons.

Not everyone reads every word on the forums and honestly a lot of people wouldn't recall that discussion about tunings and unlocks. The Cartel Market should have a warning on all purchased items which are not available via unlocking them in the collections menus.

BW advised us months ago when the first tuning was introduced that they would not be able to be unlocked in collections, but they would be able to be removed and moved around via legacy weapons.

Not everyone was playing at that time. What I want is for Bioware to add it to the listings of these things that they are not unlockable. its really not a lot to ask for

Not everyone reads every word on the forums and honestly a lot of people wouldn't recall that discussion about tunings and unlocks. The Cartel Market should have a warning on all purchased items which are not available via unlocking them in the collections menus.

Given the number of threads demanding that tunings be added to collections, it seems strange that anyone would not know about tunings not being able to be unlocked.

Even if someone truly did not know, the fact that dyes are also cosmetic only and cannot be unlocked in collections would be enough to cause most reasonable people to at least question whether tunings could be unlocked. A simple question in chat would have yielded the answer.

A simple check of the collections interface would have shown that the lightning tuning does not even show up in the collections interface, another indication that it cannot be unlocked.

Given the number of threads demanding that tunings be added to collections, it seems strange that anyone would not know about tunings not being able to be unlocked.

Even if someone truly did not know, the fact that dyes are also cosmetic only and cannot be unlocked in collections would be enough to cause most reasonable people to at least question whether tunings could be unlocked. A simple question in chat would have yielded the answer.

A simple check of the collections interface would have shown that the lightning tuning does not even show up in the collections interface, another indication that it cannot be unlocked.

emotes are cosmetic only, yet they can be unlocked. your reply doesn't hold water. and like I have stated. All I am asking is that they put it in the description that it cannot be unlocked. people should not have to research their purchase for something like this.

emotes are cosmetic only, yet they can be unlocked. your reply doesn't hold water. and like I have stated. All I am asking is that they put it in the description that it cannot be unlocked. people should not have to research their purchase for something like this.

But making erroneous assumptions is OK?

Why is it that some people simply cannot accept responsibility for their mistakes, their erroneous assumptions or actions (or lack thereof)?

I said that the fact that dyes are also cosmetic only and cannot would give most reasonable people reason to QUESTION whether tunings can be unlocked. I did not say that one should have assumed that since dyes cannot be unlocked that tunings cannot, only that a reasonable person wold likely have questioned first.

One should also not have simply made an erroneous assumption that since emotes can be unlocked everything can be unlocked. It seems to me that tunings are much closer to dyes than they are to emotes. as emotes are not placed into weapons or armor.

There is an old saying that if something seems to god to be true, it usually is.

Johnny wants the lightning tuning for his toons, but knows that the lightning tuning can easily sell for well in excess of 100 million on the GTN.

Johnny also knows that the unstable arbiter's lightsaber which can also sell for for 100 million or more (and can be unlocked in collections) was just directly sold for 7600 CC's. Now, the lightning tuning is being directly sold for a mere 1800 CC's.

Rather than look at the situation objectively and wondering why one item with a GTN price of 100 million that CAN be unlocked in collections sold for 7600 CC and a new item that sells for 100 million or more is being direct sold for only 1800 CC's, Johnny just sees what he wants to believe is an opportunity to get that lightning tuning for all of his toons for 2200 CC's.

Guess that backfired for Johnny, didn't it? Maybe next time he'll do at least a little research, and not just make erroneous assumptions.

Edited by Ratajack

When tunings were first introduced they stated then it was not unlocked in the collections at that time. Since they haven't come back and told us that they changed that I would have figured out right now they are not unlocked in collections.

Um, i figured they meant, it will not unlock when you buy from GTN or get it from a Pack. Thats how i perceived that. Now when one buys it out right from the market, then one may Perceive it, as it will unlock in collections.

And i still say they need to do just that, cause it to high of a price for just one item.

Um, i figured they meant, it will not unlock when you buy from GTN or get it from a Pack. Thats how i perceived that. Now when one buys it out right from the market, then one may Perceive it, as it will unlock in collections.

And i still say they need to do just that, cause it to high of a price for just one item.

It's the EXACT SAME item. If it can't be unlocked in circumstance A or circumstance B, then why would anyone assume that it could be unlocked in circumstance C?

To be fair, items that can be unlocked in collections have that little person icon on the bottom and it will say if it's locked or unlocked. Items that don't have that cannot be gotten from collections at all. If you click on the Lightning turning in the CM and click on Show Items on the right hand side and look at the item you will not see any little icon or message about collections at the bottom.

Now I also know that the Improved Speeder Piloting 1 has that little icon and I cannot find it anywhere in collections, however I am not aware of any items that can be unlocked in collections that do NOT have the little icon.

Keep in mind that the tuning can be removed and sent to other characters via legacy. They are not like dyes. I honestly don't recall but I think the black/black dyes cost just as much if not more on the CM and they are neither in collections nor can they be removed and reused.

And yes, it is best practice to check collections to see if an item can be unlocked before buying it.

Bear in mind also that because you can move them from character to character in legacy weapons, you could in theory unlock them for every character without paying CC for the unlock fee; (Yes, I agree, it starts getting expensive if you need to cross server boundaries, which the unlock fee does automatically, but the point it still taken, I hope.)

It's the EXACT SAME item. If it can't be unlocked in circumstance A or circumstance B, then why would anyone assume that it could be unlocked in circumstance C?

Because Circumstance C, never presented its self in this manner. So one might think in that way, that it would unlock.

It makes sense why it wouldn't unlock if bought from GTN, with Sky rocket prices, Unbelievable Prices they want for it, most could not touch it for those Prices. Or you get it from a pack, packs is a game of chance. So when one buys it out right with real cash, yes most defiantly one would think it would be unlocked.

I get what you are saying but, i hope you see my view too.

I would still never make assumptions about it being unlocked. If you go to the item in the market, choose show item and hover your mouse over the item, the tool tip does not indicate any information that it is unlocked via collections at all. By not mentioning it at all, it would tell you that it may not unlock. Anyone can verify this by either searching the forums, asking in the forums or if your not a sub asking in-game chat. You can also search the collections window and see that there is no category for it there just like dyes.

Also just because it's sold directly for sale in the market, you should never assume it's a different lightning tuning. It just means they decided to sell it directly, that's all.

It's no different then going to a store, making an impulse buy then getting upset that you shouldn't have bought it and blaming the store for the purchase. At least there you can return it. Here you cannot as they have clearly stated in terms that all sales are final.

At this point it should just be about lesson learned and move on. Getting mad at BW because a quick decision was made without fully looking at what you were buying is just blaming another person for your mistake. Even asking in-game or even a quick google search would tell you that it doesn't unlock.

BW should not have to make everything they do or design take into account or try to prevent basic human error or action. A player needs to take responsibility for their action when something is clearly on them versus upset at BW.

If it was upset that a bug exists that prevents game play like the uprising bugs or in-game bugs then yeah, every right to be upset with BW, but purchasing mistakes because of selected reading on the player's part is not BW fault nor should they have to implement something to factor those that impulse buy.

I've made my share of purchase mistakes, I just own up to it and move on. I don't blame BW for that at all and just learn my lesson and move on.

• 2 weeks later...

^Ratajack, ikr.

Ignorance of something that is common knowledge through various sources: forums, dulfy, torhead, and in game collections (!!!) isn't an excuse. Some decorations aren't able to be duplicated from *your Personal decorations collection* as well. That's why people are expected to verify first and read up on the particular item you're looking at (*gasp, too much reading.)

You got a really rare weapon tuning that's arguably the best one yet from a direct sale (*groan) that usually sells for 30+ MILLION on the gtn. Poor you.

Edited by Willjb

Some decorations aren't able to be duplicated from collections as well.

NO decorations can be duplicated from Collections, in fact.

Collectable:

* Weapons

* Armour sets

* Colour Crystals

* Speeders and animal mounts

* Combat Companion tickets

* Toys

* Emotes

* Titles

* Probably something else that I've forgotten what it is.

Not Collectable:

* Dye modules

* Weapon Tunings

* Decorations

* Unlocks

* Boosts

* RNG packs, supercrates and hypercrates

NO decorations can be duplicated from Collections, in fact.

Collectable:

* Weapons

* Armour sets

* Colour Crystals

* Speeders and animal mounts

* Combat Companion tickets

* Toys

* Emotes

* Titles

* Probably something else that I've forgotten what it is.

Not Collectable:

* Dye modules

* Weapon Tunings

* Decorations

* Unlocks

* Boosts

* RNG packs, supercrates and hypercrates

Well, I meant from one's 'Personal' decorations, to clarify.

Edited by Willjb

Because Circumstance C, never presented its self in this manner. So one might think in that way, that it would unlock.

It makes sense why it wouldn't unlock if bought from GTN, with Sky rocket prices, Unbelievable Prices they want for it, most could not touch it for those Prices. Or you get it from a pack, packs is a game of chance. So when one buys it out right with real cash, yes most defiantly one would think it would be unlocked.

I get what you are saying but, i hope you see my view too.

It doesn't matter what anyone here says, you've already made up your mind that you are 0% responsible for the situation and that's it's 100% Big Bad SWTOR's fault. You make ridiculous assumptions (ie. one would think it would be unlocked even though none have ever been unlockable, ever) to try and justify your irresponsibility.

Take *your* lumps and learn from *your* error/mistake/inattentiveness instead of trying to blame others.