What are your experiences for Pub PvP?

Valkyuri

It is the opposite on my server. If you queue solo, you will lose most games on Impside against Pubs. This is, in my opinion, a natural human problem. From ranked matches I know that almost all good Pubs have Impchars.

They reason why they do not queue for regs on Impside is because everyone who is into PvP knows, that there will be at least one PvP-Guild queueing with a premade on Pubside, while only people who don't know much about PvP queue on Impside.

So it is mostly about "joining the winning team". I don't understand this as an insult, I think it is very human. By queueing on Pubside, PvPers reduce the risk to get mixed with really bad mates and get stomped by premades they probably even know personally.

There is actually one solution to this:

We used to have the same inbalance in solo ranked. But then the Imp-players, most of them - sorry - awful players, stopped queueing on Impside and instead the queued with their Pubchars. They suddenly "flooded" the Pubside, so that every match was Pub vs Pub and there were so many bads at any time of the day, that gaining rating became all about luck.

Some PvPers then actually transfered to another server because they got so annoyed. And others said: hey lets queue on Impside now, since all bads are queueing on Pubside.

Now the inbalance turned around completly: while regs stayed the same, in ranked as an Imp playing against Pubs you will win in 90% of the matches, because only awful players don't know that no good players queue on Pubside anymore.

So the solution is to create a new mix of playerbase:

Either the Imps on your server just have to create Pubchars and play only Pubs until the PvPers get so annoyed by them, that they go Imp

or

All warzones have to be crossfaction like Odessen.

It is the opposite on my server. If you queue solo, you will lose most games on Impside against Pubs. This is, in my opinion, a natural human problem. From ranked matches I know that almost all good Pubs have Impchars.

They reason why they do not queue for regs on Impside is because everyone who is into PvP knows, that there will be at least one PvP-Guild queueing with a premade on Pubside, while only people who don't know much about PvP queue on Impside.

So it is mostly about "joining the winning team". I don't understand this as an insult, I think it is very human. By queueing on Pubside, PvPers reduce the risk to get mixed with really bad mates and get stomped by premades they probably even know personally.

There is actually one solution to this:

We used to have the same inbalance in solo ranked. But then the Imp-players, most of them - sorry - awful players, stopped queueing on Impside and instead the queued with their Pubchars. They suddenly "flooded" the Pubside, so that every match was Pub vs Pub and there were so many bads at any time of the day, that gaining rating became all about luck.

Some PvPers then actually transfered to another server because they got so annoyed. And others said: hey lets queue on Impside now, since all bads are queueing on Pubside.

Now the inbalance turned around completly: while regs stayed the same, in ranked as an Imp playing against Pubs you will win in 90% of the matches, because only awful players don't know that no good players queue on Pubside anymore.

So the solution is to create a new mix of playerbase:

Either the Imps on your server just have to create Pubchars and play only Pubs until the PvPers get so annoyed by them, that they go Imp

or

All warzones have to be crossfaction like Odessen.

It just needs to be cross faction . Most simple solution , it is clearly already in the game, all they need to do is literally hit a button. But they are being stubborn.

The problem goes deeper than that. If pubs would win somewhere near half of the time most wouldn't mind sticking around and trying in the losses. But it has been so bad for so long the first sign of being stomped again they either quit or go for defender medals (stop trying). Imps score first hutball point, half pub side quits. Imps grab 2 of three nodes right away, half pub side quits. A pylon or a 4v4 wartype is selected, right away half the team quits and is replaced with even less interested/informed PUGS.

If we restored wins to be somewhere near 50/50 for awhile, then people would go back to trying again. Pubs are just too tired of seeing losses 99/100 wars (during prime-time)

I see that mentality just as often on imp side (Harbinger). Maybe they're traumatized pubs who thought they were going to get an easy win on the imp side but ended up playing against a better imp team, and old habits die hard....

To OP--I decided to get all 20 of my pvp matches done last week for the 4X achievement (i'll bet i have that designation wrong, I don't like playing troopers, so I never really cared). I played Friday night on my lvl70 sage healer from about 7:30p to 11p. Won 3 times, lost 14. I noticed pubs are really quiet. I only had one douche whisper me random toxicity, but he was doing that to everyone in that match apparently. He was, of course, at the bottom of the scoreboard in every category, even though he was there the whole time. I think he was an imp slumming pub side, since I usually only see idiots like that on imp side anyway.

I hate playing arenas, but since I didn't really want to do anything but get my 20 matches out of the way, I have to say I was happy to get a lot of arena pops, simply because of how quick they are compared to the warzones. That said, no, I was not afking or defending for no reason, I nearly hit 7k hps in a warzone and regularly hit between 4.5-5.5 for the most part.

During one Voidstar match the opposing team opened each door faster than humanly possible (the next door (and bridge extension and shield) would open less than 5 seconds after the previous door blew). I think the pubs I was with didn't even notice, they seemed to take it in stride like that was just what it means to play as pub. The imps were sure happy to have that guy on their team, though. "we want more equal pvp matches!" :rolleyes:

Anyway, happy to have that achievement done. Only thing left that I want to do for pvp chievos is get to valor 100. My highest toon is around 70, and unfortunately that is my main imp toon, so that's who I'll be using to get that out of the way. Sorry pubs!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.