Crazy fast leveling/ease in early game. A question...

shniflbaag

I recently came back to the game just this month, and noticed that I was constantly being "shifted down" in level for where I was in the story, and everything seemed excessively easy. I got my gf into the game and started a new character with her, and we've reached level 35 before even getting our ships (we're still on Coruscant). I know I had read that the early game had been made easier, but I still keep seeing other players running around that seem more appropriately leveled for the areas, even though we can't seem to find anything remotely dangerous to us without bypassing our story content.

Any idea why this is happening? Specifically why it looks like there's other people not having this problem? Thanks.

There's currently a 250% exp boost event going on right now, so that's why you're gaining experience at an insane rate. But, to counteract that (if you choose), there's an item sold by a vendor on fleet (in the class trainers section, I believe, next to the advanced class change trainer) that cancels out that exp boost. It's bind-to-legacy and lasts eight hours, but you can just click on it again to refresh the eight-hour period when it runs out. It reverts your exp. gain to more reasonable levels.

Well you get more xp as a sub but we have a double or triple xp event going on at the moment. If I'm not mistaken you can get an item on the fleet from a vendor that can turn the additional xp gain off.

But be aware that in general if you do more than just the main class story from 1-50 you will gain levels quite quickly. I suppose it's geared around people not wanting to do the same quests over and over again so you can pretty much do the class stories without having to deviate from the story.

But yeah that xp event really turbo levels you.