The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Market --- NOT random !

hi all!

we all sometimes wish for a certain item - mount, armor, weapon, companion etc. ...but alot of the cool ones are just random drops from packs.

and sometimes, it may be alot of packs and no drop of that wanted item.

while this is a good way for Bioware to make $$$, there is also another one - which i actually feel is better (gaining more $$$ for Bioware):

why not sell the items (mounts, armor, weapons, companions etc) directly ?

i.e. the TY-4N companion sold directly, but at a high cost - i.e. 5 k Cartel Coins. (same for mounts).

thus, the player knows what he is getting, no more rolls ...but at a much higher price and only 1 item (the mount, armor etc).

no reason why the random drops packs should be replaced by this direct purchase - they can both coexist with no issues!

We all want direct sale stuff but they just wont do it. :l

And no reselling stuff is a dumb solution we should'nt even be using. We should be able to pay for the stuff we want and that's it. Even if they are expensive as the 7000cc Saber at least we are getting what we pay for.

They have done this. They are doing this.

They have a 7,600 CC light saber for sale that was a platinum rarity item in a previous pack.

There are a number of items available directly that have never been part of a pack. Some available for a limited time (including items available only during certain times of the year), some available any time you want them.

So what is the problem? That they are not asking you what things they should sell directly, or are you suggesting that everything be available directly?

Because everything isn't going to happen.

Your never going to see all items directly sold. Either because some items are not popular or because a lot of people feel that the rare items should stay rare. I personally would like to see the packs themselves always remain but still leave the same RNG in effect, have a better chance of that then all items directly sold.

More then likely however you will weekly sales of rare items sold directly instead of in packs like the current lightsaber. They even said it was a test to see how things go but I wouldn't keep my hopes up on all items sold directly.

BWA could easily sell all Gold & Platinum rarity items direct at a high cost, and then maintain selling cartel packs albeit at reduced rate. I would suspect that with a combination of past purchase data and some trial & error, BWA could easily maximize revenues through a two-prong strategy plus engender a lot of goodwill with the community.

Just my $0.02.