The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

people going afk in war zones in match after match

Jeopardydd

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you only get Valor points from medals? Thus, if you're just AFKing, you get no medals (since the requirements mean you've actually got to DO SOMETHING), no valor points, and are really just wasting your own time. Unless the pinnacle of your PvP accomplishment is just getting the level 40 gear, of course.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you only get Valor points from medals? Thus, if you're just AFKing, you get no medals (since the requirements mean you've actually got to DO SOMETHING), no valor points, and are really just wasting your own time. Unless the pinnacle of your PvP accomplishment is just getting the level 40 gear, of course.

The OP mentioned XP, not Valor.

On a low pop faction, mostly republic, there only needs to be a few afkers queuing to ruin most players pvp game after game.

Not many others are queuing so chances of getting an afk are high, and a stacked match results. This needs to be fixed quick.

pvp system was ruined when it wasnt bracketed and xp nerf. that explains the influx of afk players i dont blame them i blame BW

you get XP from them.

you get less when you lose, but it's still pretty good. so that's why they do the afk thing.

that said, the problem really is that it takes the fun out of it to have it unbalanced due to different numbers of players on each team.

I'm sure they can add cut scenes to fix this.

LOL Awesome !!!

... Actualy

Maybe we can get a small Picture in picture cut scene of Malgus slipping out of the shadows and ganking them. if they are afk they will end up getting booted from the re spawn and humiliated. Win Win. have the announcer yell out something about contract terminated

It wouldn't be to hard to implement a timer for no no movement and or no damage taken dealt or healed would it ?

It wouldn't be to hard to implement a timer for no no movement and or no damage taken dealt or healed would it ?

the problem is a.) those can be circumvented with programmable controllers/ keyboards and b.) the damage is already done.

in these warzones, with only 8 players, having 1 afk on your side is a 12.5% disadvantage, which is huge. god forbid you have 2, like we just did in a match. by the time the offenders get kicked and replaced, you're already at a big disadvantage in terms of score. Against a decent opponent, you won't recover.

IMO, the only real solution are things like long-term (2 week-1 month+) bans. there has to be a huge penalty for frequently going AFK in a WZ. Stuff can happen in RL and people shouldn't be punished for an occasional AFK, but systemic behavior has to have devastating consequences.

If the punishment isn't a deterrent, the offensive behavior doesn't stop. Kicking someone out of a WZ with no penalty is NOT a deterrent, and it's not going to solve anything.

Edited by AcerLerxt