Gear confusion

Przemo_No

This has actually never happened to me so far, but now I am totally confused.

I progress on command ranks very slowly, just managed with my main to be at 61 or sth. However she is decked with 230 mods. and now for the confusion part:

it seems to me that IDENTICAL blue mod has better stats that the purple one.

So far it was rather different, as I remember.

Please someone explain me why blue mods are better than purples?

Secondly, WHERE is that stupid vendor that is supposed to exchange "whatever unassembled components" gathered via PVP into "other unassembled components" that allow you to buy specific piece of gear?

Where EXACTLY?

I have visited every single vendor on the Fleet and could not see one that exchanges those PVP components....

geeez...

PS. also, regarding the "alt firendly" - I can transfer duplicated mods from originally acquired items, via legacy gear to my alts. (ofc provided the mod suits Alt class/specialization. Since I have 16 "main" ones, there's always some that would benefit from that. It is costly, time consuming, but still.

Edited by Przemo_No
addendum

PS. also, regarding the "alt firendly" - I can transfer duplicated mods from originally acquired items, via legacy gear to my alts. (ofc provided the mod suits Alt class/specialization. Since I have 16 "main" ones, there's always some that would benefit from that. It is costly, time consuming, but still.

What do you mean? Use legacy gear, don't move mods from legacy gear to other gear pieces. If you want to use gear on your alt just put them into legacy storage and pick them up from there.

Also, how is high endurance and low power good for healer or dps?

Edited by Halinalle

What do you mean? Use legacy gear, don't move mods from legacy gear to other gear pieces. If you want to use gear on your alt just put them into legacy storage and pick them up from there.

Not sure what you asking? - Originally ppl were complaining that the new system is alt unfriendly - yes, generally it is, but it is still possible to transfer gear via legacy.

Also, how is high endurance and low power good for healer or dps?

It's not good, but if you just start new alt ANY of those would mean gear improvenent.

Remember, the stats are based on the gear rating, not the rarity. So if the blue mod and the purple mod are both 230, they would have the same stats. Do bear in mind that the items with blue mods come with the "A"-type Mod, while the items with purple mods come with the "unlettered"-type Mod, which min-maxers usually consider to have superior stat distribution. One advantage of the blue mods though is that they are cheaper to remove. Edited by HeatRacer

Yes, This has been mentioned before OP. BW have yet to answer, or if they have must have missed the post. Often the purple or artefact mods, enhancements and armour has the same stats as the blue ones at same level 230. Not really paid attention if this is also the case with CR tier 2 items. Not started level 3 yet. Only difference is the blue are not RE, purple are. Which just means you can get the schematic to make more. As far as I know though won't get the set bonus from RE the armour mod. Edited by DreadtechSavant

Yes, This has been mentioned before OP. BW have yet to answer, or if they have must have missed the post. Often the purple or artefact mods, enhancements and armour has the same stats as the blue ones at same level 230. Not really paid attention if this is also the case with CR tier 2 items. Not started level 3 yet. Only difference is the blue are not RE, purple are. Which just means you can get the schematic to make more. As far as I know though won't get the set bonus from RE the armour mod.

ok, thanks, I get it. Clear.

Hwoever.. anyone knows where is that VENDOR who Exchanges PVP Commendations Into Other Commendations That You Exchange For Gear?

Hwoever.. anyone knows where is that VENDOR who Exchanges PVP Commendations Into Other Commendations That You Exchange For Gear?

On fleet. Area where you get gear. It's not that difficult to find.

Tier 1 unassembled token vendor.

Edited by Halinalle

Yes they are in the outer-ring of fleet in the supplies area.

I must be blind, because I haven't seen ther ANY of them that would allow exchanging via-PVP gathered Unassembled Tokens into Other Tokens. Also, it was stated that one can buy Tier 1 gear directly (using those tokens) but there is no vendor for Tier 1. There are for tier 2 and 3.

The tier 1 vendors are there right next to the tier 2 & 3 vendors. It's hard to see if you're just hovering over the vendors on your map because they're on top of each other. But, they're in the same place.

To buy the gear you need the unassembled pieces plus command tokens (that drop from command packs).

Hope this helps.

Edited by KamiSongheart

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.