Most mobile classes pvp

Chaossacre

Want to surprise someone that thinks they are fast? Guard them while running behind them, then Intercede and Mad Dash :)

Basically the right answer to this question is "everyone except Sniper." In order I would say it is probably something like:

Op > Sorc ~ Mara > Sin > Merc ~ PT > Jugg >> Sniper.

If there are frenemies around, Jugg probably beats PT/Merc (leap/push/leap and intercede/dash), but using those for movement implies at least medium skill. But Hydraulic Overrides are better for just running around.

I could be missing something there (I haven't PvP'd my PT in 5.x at all, for example - mostly forgotten bow to play the guy :)

Mara's speed buff with the utility is awesome.

Edited by stoopicus

How is lightning this patch?

Still have the best defences, sins even lost phase walk because class is allowed to be near sorcs in Dcds. Thankfully dps is about right. You need to stay alive and pick on the weak and injured. But really if your bringing a sorc your wasting a place not bringing a sorc healer the most OP class this game has ever seen (3 years makes it too long and therefore above Smash Monkeys).

Still have the best defences, sins even lost phase walk because class is allowed to be near sorcs in Dcds. Thankfully dps is about right. You need to stay alive and pick on the weak and injured. But really if your bringing a sorc your wasting a place not bringing a sorc healer the most OP class this game has ever seen (3 years makes it too long and therefore above Smash Monkeys).

Yeah I'm a B*tch to kill on my lightning Sorc most of the time. I just wish I had bigger burst. It doesn't matter how good your survivability is when you have that one annoying Mara focus you, eventually they will wear you down, especially out in the open if you have nothing to LoS around. It's pretty frustrating not being able to finish off an opponent because your burst isn't big enough.

I've had whole matches where I didn't die and my healing has nearly equaled to my DPS because I didn't have enough burst to finish off an opponent, but I could escape long enough to heal quickly before they could get back on me.

2 nights ago I had 1.8 mil dps and 1.6 mil healing in Nova coast and one solo kill of a very silly sniper trying to go head to head with me while I had LoS and they just sat there. I actually out healed our healer who was learning and they got focused all match.

I saw the most epic healing numbers the other night by a healing Sorc on my team who had over 8 mil heals. But funnily enough I did a bigger healing crit they they did. LoL,

Yeah I'm a B*tch to kill on my lightning Sorc most of the time. I just wish I had bigger burst. It doesn't matter how good your survivability is when you have that one annoying Mara focus you, eventually they will wear you down, especially out in the open if you have nothing to LoS around. It's pretty frustrating not being able to finish off an opponent because your burst isn't big enough.

I've had whole matches where I didn't die and my healing has nearly equaled to my DPS because I didn't have enough burst to finish off an opponent, but I could escape long enough to heal quickly before they could get back on me.

2 nights ago I had 1.8 mil dps and 1.6 mil healing in Nova coast and one solo kill of a very silly sniper trying to go head to head with me while I had LoS and they just sat there. I actually out healed our healer who was learning and they got focused all match.

I saw the most epic healing numbers the other night by a healing Sorc on my team who had over 8 mil heals. But funnily enough I did a bigger healing crit they they did. LoL,

So would it be bad to start healing in DPS gear?

Because I played a Sorc that was specced lightning before 5.0 with all the pvp gear.

So would it be bad to start healing in DPS gear?

Because I played a Sorc that was specced lightning before 5.0 with all the pvp gear.

Not really. You'd miss the set bonus. Just make sure you take the right utilities and another sorc healer is born. 1 more easy play super healer with more escapes than a bag of hamsters. 1 more in the que of slow mental death of sorc healers turning light sabres and laser guns into daffodils and pea shooters. The new pvp for the post Tom and Jerry population where nobody has to die.

Want to surprise someone that thinks they are fast? Guard them while running behind them, then Intercede and Mad Dash :)

Basically the right answer to this question is "everyone except Sniper." In order I would say it is probably something like:

Op > Sorc ~ Mara > Sin > Merc ~ PT > Jugg >> Sniper.

If there are frenemies around, Jugg probably beats PT/Merc (leap/push/leap and intercede/dash), but using those for movement implies at least medium skill. But Hydraulic Overrides are better for just running around.

I could be missing something there (I haven't PvP'd my PT in 5.x at all, for example - mostly forgotten bow to play the guy :)

Mara's speed buff with the utility is awesome.

every class is more mobile than merc, including it's own second AC. :(

Sniper isn't, unless you take specific utilities.

Hydraulic Overrides is nice.

But otherwise, yeah.

mostly in regards to slows/cc, this is from a post I made in a different topic regarding changes I'd make to merc

PT has a leap, Hydraulic Overrides, and things like Adaptable Assailant (team utility), Pneumatic Boots, Efficient Suit, Battering Ram, And of course, Overdrive (I'm also still a bit salty about them having things like Energy Rebounder and Automated Defenses built into their trees).

Juggernaut gets Multiple leaps (force leap, intercede, and depending on spec, obliterate), Warmonger, Unshackling Rage, Unstoppable, Through Power, Piercing Chill, and Through Victory (Vengeance also get Shien Form for 15% baseline and Brawn)

Mara gets Phantom, Subjugation, Expunging Camouflage, Unbound, Ruthless Aggressor, Blood Ward, Interloper and Through Victory (Fury also has Gravity Vortex)

Assassin has Force Speed, Phantom Stride, Avoidance, Fade, Obfuscation, Shroud of Madness, Dark Stability, Phasing Phantasm, Disjunction, and of course Renewing Darkness.

Sorcs have Force Speed, Phase Walk, Dark Speed, Emersion, and Surging Speed. This may not sound like as much, but with 2.5s force speed every 12.5 seconds and double speed boost on polarity shift Sorcs have immense high speed options and usually have little to no trouble with anything less than multiple hard CC's

Operatives get Evasion, Holo-Traverse, Double Roll (immunity on roll in concealment) Hit and Run, Infiltrator, Advanced Cloaking, Evasive Imperative, Evasive Screen, Cunning Competencies, and Circumvention

Snipers Don't need to be listed. We all know Entrench is a "you can't touch me" for just about everything CC related and coupled with rotating knockbacks, roll, imperial preparation and other things, snipers have nothing to worry about.

Mercs on the other hand have just Hydraulic Overrides and Jet Out with 1 underwhelming utility each that you can't really even afford to take for the most part. Torque boosters and Smokescreen. (jet escape has a slight CD reduction on Jet Out)

I understand that Melees being right up in peoples faces they need ways of disengaging and breaking through all the crazy amounts of cc, but it's not just one class and its not just melee, its literally every class. If your HO is down, you are not going anywhere with the amount of low CD high duration slows and CC's. either give us some root/slow removal and/or make Cure actually worthwhile again.

Edited by jedcjedcjedc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.