Materials obtained by RE

orujd

I tried googling, but I was either entering wrong terms in it or there really is no answer. :confused:

I wonder what are the materials obtained by RE-ing items and if that is defined somewhere?

For example, is it possible to get VMC by RE a 240 rating item?

Thank you in advance!

I tried googling, but I was either entering wrong terms in it or there really is no answer. :confused:

I wonder what are the materials obtained by RE-ing items and if that is defined somewhere?

For example, is it possible to get VMC by RE a 240 rating item?

Thank you in advance!

There is a LOT of RND from RE. The only thing that is 100% (if done from 100 or less) is getting an augment component from bonded attachments, etc. After that is RND of the mats used to create the item. I did RE a few low grades purple and never got the purple mat back, actually is rare to even get a blue mat back. So RE a 240 is not something i would do unless is really (REALLY REALLY) garbage (you can actually get nothing back).

There is no documentation for this because as another already said there is a lot of RNG involved.

However in my experience when REing crafted items that DO NOT require exotic materials, I typically get roughly 33% of the gathering skill materials back but the exact numbers vary. i.e. REing "components" that require 2/2/2, if I RE 50 of them which means I used 100 of each material type to craft them, I will get on average 33/33/33 back. Again that is AN AVERAGE so the exact numbers vary wildly.

And then there is a small chance of getting a blue mission skill material back (IF it was part of the original recipe), and then there is a minuscule chance of getting a purple mission skill material back (again IF it was part of the original recipe).

There is no documentation for this because as another already said there is a lot of RNG involved.

So what? There's lots of RNG involved in a bunch of things in GW1 and GW2, and a dedicated core of players who document what they found, how many of it they found, where, and when, on the official Wikis.

So I think you're saying that we don't have (and have never had in all the years this game has been up) a similar dedicated core of players, which is our loss, I'd say.