I can't take this pathetic-ness anymore

gsummers

I am so tired of warzones. I play pubside. I am not the best but have improved over time. The problem is that so few else on pub side are improving. This is a coordination game folks (what's a coordination game, you ask? It means you have to go back to school!) So basically it doesn't matter how good I become, how much I practice, or gear up, because unless others on my side do that, my ability to win warzones is basically nothing.

Case in point, I was in a voidstar. I was playing a tank. On the attack round, me and a healer went left. With one other person, we kept the attention of 6 of the other team. That meant that the other door was a 5 vs. 2 situation. And yet my great teammates could not for the life of them defeat 2 of the enemy and cap the door. I knew that facing 6 of the enemy we would not be able to cap our side, so we focused on pulling their attention away from the other door, and yet to no avail. So bad. What use is trying in this type of environment? Why even play?

At the end of that game, even though dps and heals were roughly balanced across the two teams, our team managed 1 kill. 1 kill. The other team members ranged between 50 and 60 kills. What on earth is going on?

So Idk know the answer to your question but I have returned to this game from launch and want to know what sever is worth playing on and actually has players to play with on it? I noticed you posted this recently so I figured I would ask you.

So Idk know the answer to your question but I have returned to this game from launch and want to know what sever is worth playing on and actually has players to play with on it? I noticed you posted this recently so I figured I would ask you.

Harbinger, for west coast US. East coast has a couple choices.

Well, there are several answers to your basic point I think. One, if you queue solo, you just agreed to play with whatever random people you get thrown in with. And against whatever random people you get thrown against. In the queue there will be people who are incredible, people who suck, people who are good but don't care about the game and just want to duel others, people who think they are good but suck, people who make mistakes, people who are there just to get the "points" and won't even play, people who will actively sabotage their own teams, people who are there for some specific achievement - like getting X number of solo kills, people who are there to practice their "ranked 4s" play, and on and on. So, to be blunt, you should just know that and be prepared to deal with it.

Another point, if you want decent team mates, find people to queue with. You can queue up to groups of 4. That's 1/2 your team. Usually, in regs, that's enough to at least make it a good game if you only ever group up with "good" people. :D

As far as equal DPS and heals... well it depends on WHERE that dps and heals was put. I was on a team the other day, an AHG. I was our (operative) healer. The only healer. I'm not great, but was throwing out heals. We were losing the kill-race pretty solidly. A couple people on our side started going off in chat about how "oh, we have the DPS, we just don't have any heals". What was actually going on? Well, the other team was focusing 4 or 5 at a time on a single target (right, I'm supposed to heal through that!). Our guys were spreading their DPS all over the place on whoever each one felt like attacking. Gosh, such a surprising outcome that they were getting more kills than us. :rolleyes:

As far as 6 of your team not being able to plant... who knows. It could very easily be that you had 6 other people who DIDN'T CARE about planting at all. I've seen that a lot lately. Voidstars where I'll see my team standing around waiting for the other team to spawn and not even trying to plant the door. Or huttball games where my entire time in spawn and running back to mid I can see the ball sitting, untouched, in it's center stand, while everyone fights their private little battles around it. Welcome to the world of "I pay my sub, so I can play any way I want".

Or the other side had 2 very good operatives over there? It's amazing, to me, how hard it can be to kill off a good operative or two who's only goals are to survive and stop caps.

Well, there are several answers to your basic point I think. One, if you queue solo, you just agreed to play with whatever random people you get thrown in with. And against whatever random people you get thrown against. In the queue there will be people who are incredible, people who suck, people who are good but don't care about the game and just want to duel others, people who think they are good but suck, people who make mistakes, people who are there just to get the "points" and won't even play, people who will actively sabotage their own teams, people who are there for some specific achievement - like getting X number of solo kills, people who are there to practice their "ranked 4s" play, and on and on. So, to be blunt, you should just know that and be prepared to deal with it.

Another point, if you want decent team mates, find people to queue with. You can queue up to groups of 4. That's 1/2 your team. Usually, in regs, that's enough to at least make it a good game if you only ever group up with "good" people. :D

As far as equal DPS and heals... well it depends on WHERE that dps and heals was put. I was on a team the other day, an AHG. I was our (operative) healer. The only healer. I'm not great, but was throwing out heals. We were losing the kill-race pretty solidly. A couple people on our side started going off in chat about how "oh, we have the DPS, we just don't have any heals". What was actually going on? Well, the other team was focusing 4 or 5 at a time on a single target (right, I'm supposed to heal through that!). Our guys were spreading their DPS all over the place on whoever each one felt like attacking. Gosh, such a surprising outcome that they were getting more kills than us. :rolleyes:

As far as 6 of your team not being able to plant... who knows. It could very easily be that you had 6 other people who DIDN'T CARE about planting at all. I've seen that a lot lately. Voidstars where I'll see my team standing around waiting for the other team to spawn and not even trying to plant the door. Or huttball games where my entire time in spawn and running back to mid I can see the ball sitting, untouched, in it's center stand, while everyone fights their private little battles around it. Welcome to the world of "I pay my sub, so I can play any way I want".

Or the other side had 2 very good operatives over there? It's amazing, to me, how hard it can be to kill off a good operative or two who's only goals are to survive and stop caps.

Logically if you queue solo you would get pitted against others who also only queued solo, but BW is lame and lumps grouped and solo together in the same queue.

Logically if you queue solo you would get pitted against others who also only queued solo, but BW is lame and lumps grouped and solo together in the same queue.

Most of this evening, I've been meeting the same group of 4 in various WZs; 1 Sniper, 2 Mercs and 1 Sorceror healer. Guess what their win ratio is?

I don't know what it is with BW; they can't understand some basic things about building and running games. You have mismatches in class effectiveness and you mix in pre-mades groups with solo queuers and anyone can see the problems; anyone except BW.

If someone is using Tatooine Heroic area to rack up CXP, they'll nerf it in a week. Huge imbalance in PvP they don't even acknowledge.

Most of this evening, I've been meeting the same group of 4 in various WZs; 1 Sniper, 2 Mercs and 1 Sorceror healer. Guess what their win ratio is?

I don't know what it is with BW; they can't understand some basic things about building and running games. You have mismatches in class effectiveness and you mix in pre-mades groups with solo queuers and anyone can see the problems; anyone except BW.

If someone is using Tatooine Heroic area to rack up CXP, they'll nerf it in a week. Huge imbalance in PvP they don't even acknowledge.

It cracks me up, for ranked they split the solo and group queue into two different pools, but in unranked, where we hav MORE people queueing ....they dont? BW Logic.

yup, because those couple of newbs that don't get more than 1-1.5k dps each but don't mind because they enjoy playing together and are just looking to have some fun should definitely be put against that merc-sniper-sorc premade of yolo ranked players just because they are in a group. Edited by jedcjedcjedc

If you managed to keep 6 people busy as healer and tank, there must have been something wrong with the other team as well. They must have had poor dps. And even then a healer and a dps or tank should have been enough to defend the door against both of you.

I just assume the same thing was happening on the other side: the rest of your team was just poor dps failing to kill a healer and a tank or two healers guarding the door.

Voidstar often comes down to dps vs hps.

yup, because those couple of newbs that don't get more than 1-1.5k dps each but don't mind because they enjoy playing together and are just looking to have some fun should definitely be put against that merc-sniper-sorc premade of yolo ranked players just because they are in a group.

Those groups are the absolute minority. Most people in queue for grouped are trinity comps. If you queue as a group, you should expect to go against other groups.

Those groups are the absolute minority. Most people in queue for grouped are trinity comps. If you queue as a group, you should expect to go against other groups.

I que solo as whatever I happen to feel like playing (usually Bodyguard Merc) and when grouping up it is usually with whoever is on playing whatever they feel like at the time or whatever they need for their weekly or conquest. I don't think I'm in the minority with that, either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.