Eric Help - PvP needs a better system to remove Bots

Icykill_

Please Bioware, we need a better kick option in pvp to remove bots and afk lvlers or CXP farmers.

Queued for 31 matches today and had to leave 13 due to bots in lowbies, afk lvlers in mids, CXP component farmers in lvl 70 regs and ranked.

PvP pop times are at an all time low. When you have to wait 10 - 30 mins for a pop and you end up with these people it's even more frustrating because they will most probably be in the next match too.

I've been trying to get people to vote to kick, but not enough do it or the bots/afkers initiate combat before every one can do it.

Please can we have the option before the WZ starts and when the kick is initiated by someone, can we also have a pop up on the screen to tell people.

These people are driving people away from pvp. It's the last thing we want and the last thing you need as pvp is dying as it is.

PLEASE ERIC, bring this to the teams attention, but also respond to us to say you've seen our concerns over this.

The biggest problem is the hard rule they can't let people kick players for any reason but AFK. What they need is in game mods who at least one is on at all times who can respond to these AFK players- I personally will never support a system where people can vote kick people out of a warzone with a non AFK mechanism.

The biggest problem is the hard rule they can't let people kick players for any reason but AFK. What they need is in game mods who at least one is on at all times who can respond to these AFK players- I personally will never support a system where people can vote kick people out of a warzone with a non AFK mechanism.

There is a vote to kick already, the only thing I'm asking them to change is to allow us to do it before the match starts and also to announce that someone has instigated it.

If people in groups were going to abuse it, they would already be doing it.

I believe it requires over 50% of the team to vote to kick before the person is kicked. I'm not entirely sure how many. If anyone knows can you tell us.

I'd love in game moderators, I've been asking for years so they can clean up the cheating. But if they won't do it for that, they will never do it for this. So I'm trying to get them to make a small change to the current system to allow us to remove the bots

Except the kick vote is predicated on non-activity- which is why you can't do it before they enter the warzone and why people can initiate combat to cancel the vote. Believe me, it's not the same thing- otherwise a certain twit in a Voidstar match would have gone bye-bye no matter how many times he initiated combat as the entire team tried to vote kick him, myself included *because he went into stealth on a snit after we held the door first round, insisting the match was lost near the beginning and trying to wait the match out. Edited by AllisonLightning

Except the kick vote is predicated on non-activity- which is why you can't do it before they enter the warzone and why people can initiate combat to cancel the vote. Believe me, it's not the same thing- otherwise a certain twit in a Voidstar match would have gone bye-bye no matter how many times he initiated combat as the entire team tried to vote kick him, myself included *because he went into stealth on a snit after we held the door first round, insisting the match was lost near the beginning and trying to wait the match out.

I don't think any option will be perfect. But something needs to be done and I'm asking them to look into it because I've now had to leave another 3 matches since I originally posted. This is ruining the pvp game for me even more than 5.0.

It's exactly the same couple of bots with names like sfgteghjmojmk.

I had matches yesterday with 2-3 on a team. In Hypergates they would just go and hide in the tunnel all match. Essentially we were playing 5v8 every match and in one game we only popped 6 people so it was 3v8.

Pvp can't survive if that keeps happening, especially on Harbinger which is the most populated.

I don't think any option will be perfect. But something needs to be done and I'm asking them to look into it because I've now had to leave another 3 matches since I originally posted. This is ruining the pvp game for me even more than 5.0.

It's exactly the same couple of bots with names like sfgteghjmojmk.

I had matches yesterday with 2-3 on a team. In Hypergates they would just go and hide in the tunnel all match. Essentially we were playing 5v8 every match and in one game we only popped 6 people so it was 3v8.

Pvp can't survive if that keeps happening, especially on Harbinger which is the most populated.

The game says you will not be grouped with anyone who is on your ignore list... I know this doesn't work, but maybe the solution is to fix it?

Eric Musco's Journal. February 3rd, 2017: Bitter Unsubscriber in forum this morning, tired of CXP grinding, burst stomach. This community is sick of me. I have ignored it completely. The warzones are extended grind fests and the grind fests are full of bots and afkers, and when the pvpers finally complain too much, all the pvp will shut down. The accumulated filth of all their worthless cxp crates and non-upgradeable drops will foam up about their waists and all the pvpers and casuals will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

The game says you will not be grouped with anyone who is on your ignore list... I know this doesn't work, but maybe the solution is to fix it?

NO! If they did that then the queue times would become ridiculous because people would be able to cherry pick their opponents.

NO! If they did that then the queue times would become ridiculous because people would be able to cherry pick their opponents.

Hey, I'm merely quoting what the loading screen tip says!

Ok, yes, it would allow people to bork their opposition potentially... but then just remove that block feature from ranked and job done. And hey, no one complains about afk'ers when they are the opposition... ok, that's facetious, but its kinda true.

Edited by leehambly

I think so too, these afkers in Wzs, and gsf even (component/xp/gold hunters whatever) are ruining the game.

please set a minimum in these areas...like you need to do damage/ get at least 1 medal to get rewards at the end.

It will still probably be worked around to bot farm but at least that makes botting far less appealing in these instances.

I think so too, these afkers in Wzs, and gsf even (component/xp/gold hunters whatever) are ruining the game.

please set a minimum in these areas...like you need to do damage/ get at least 1 medal to get rewards at the end.

It will still probably be worked around to bot farm but at least that makes botting far less appealing in these instances.

Bots just follow a preprogrammed path or set of rules. Most will engage a target every few mins and then go hide

Please Bioware, we need a better kick option in pvp to remove bots and afk lvlers or CXP farmers.

No we don't. Treating symptoms is not the right approach. Causes have to be addressed.

Queued for 31 matches today and had to leave 13 due to bots in lowbies, afk lvlers in mids, CXP component farmers in lvl 70 regs and ranked.

Lowbies are pointless. Only if PvP is your main thing does playing lowbies make any sense.

Or as you say afk levelers. But that's your assumption. From my point of view PvP as such is currently in a poor state and I can see the outcome of a warzone most of the time in the first exchange with the enemy team. If you see that the next 10 minutes are going to be in vain, why bother? The problem is that PvP is not in a good state because bluntly people can stay alive too long too easily. It causes endless healer battles, single dps'ers that can keep groups of two or three people from capping because they are virtually unkillable. Teams of 2-4 people who can score in huttball in 10 seconds or less consistently. Very skilled I'm sure but it destroys the fun in PvP. I mean, I play a healer and if I am supporting 3 DPS on my team who can't kill a single enemy then it's clear we won't win. So why bother at that point?

Same goes for CXP. Well actually, I don't like PvP especially in its current state and I only do it for the components. If I could get components from say Flash Points, I'd be gone from your precious PvP.

PvP simply has bigger issues to solve than the ability of kicking people, which brings me to you next point...

PvP pop times are at an all time low. When you have to wait 10 - 30 mins for a pop and you end up with these people it's even more frustrating because they will most probably be in the next match too.

And they are the only reason why you still get pops at all. Sad but true but if you shut down every afk leveler and bot, who's left in the q?

I've been trying to get people to vote to kick, but not enough do it or the bots/afkers initiate combat before every one can do it.

You really need to think of the consequences of what you want. If Bioware would do what you wanted there'd be very few people left to PvP with.

What needs to happen is that PvP should stop being a mexican stand off or a one side roflstomp. Very few matches are in between that in my experience. I'm not big on PvP but I did a fair bit of that in the past 3 weeks or so and that's what I encountered. That's what needs fixing.

And lowbie PvP should be interesting again. Currently I see no reason for people to do lowbie PvP. I mean what does it reward you? Apparently the best reward from below 70 PvP is experience points. That's the real problem. You won't fix all of that with vote kicking with minorities. I mean seriously, if half your team or more are bots/afk levelers, you would need to do minority kicks...just think of the abuse and empty queues that will cause.

No we don't. Treating symptoms is not the right approach. Causes have to be addressed.

Lowbies are pointless. Only if PvP is your main thing does playing lowbies make any sense.

Or as you say afk levelers. But that's your assumption. From my point of view PvP as such is currently in a poor state and I can see the outcome of a warzone most of the time in the first exchange with the enemy team. If you see that the next 10 minutes are going to be in vain, why bother? The problem is that PvP is not in a good state because bluntly people can stay alive too long too easily. It causes endless healer battles, single dps'ers that can keep groups of two or three people from capping because they are virtually unkillable. Teams of 2-4 people who can score in huttball in 10 seconds or less consistently. Very skilled I'm sure but it destroys the fun in PvP. I mean, I play a healer and if I am supporting 3 DPS on my team who can't kill a single enemy then it's clear we won't win. So why bother at that point?

Same goes for CXP. Well actually, I don't like PvP especially in its current state and I only do it for the components. If I could get components from say Flash Points, I'd be gone from your precious PvP.

PvP simply has bigger issues to solve than the ability of kicking people, which brings me to you next point...

And they are the only reason why you still get pops at all. Sad but true but if you shut down every afk leveler and bot, who's left in the q?

You really need to think of the consequences of what you want. If Bioware would do what you wanted there'd be very few people left to PvP with.

What needs to happen is that PvP should stop being a mexican stand off or a one side roflstomp. Very few matches are in between that in my experience. I'm not big on PvP but I did a fair bit of that in the past 3 weeks or so and that's what I encountered. That's what needs fixing.

And lowbie PvP should be interesting again. Currently I see no reason for people to do lowbie PvP. I mean what does it reward you? Apparently the best reward from below 70 PvP is experience points. That's the real problem. You won't fix all of that with vote kicking with minorities. I mean seriously, if half your team or more are bots/afk levelers, you would need to do minority kicks...just think of the abuse and empty queues that will cause.

PvP is the "only" thing I play. So lowbies do matter to me, the same as every bracket including ranked.

Yes, they need to treat the causes. Considering Bioware are the creators of the problems because they don't consider the cause and affect when they try to make people play the way "they want" us to play or not the way we want. I can't see Bioware addressing those causes because I don't think they even realise they are the cause.

An example is when they "encourage" people to pvp for gear or rewards and they don't actually want to. The concept is good because it gets people to try it. But nearly everytime it backfires because it isn't implemented properly or isn't thought through to the logical conclusion. Which is people hate being told by the Devs how and what to play in the game.

The Devs are usually too heavy handed with the "encouragement" and it borderlines on making people play a part of the game, pvp in this example, that they don't want to. Which has a negative affect on that part of the game because those people being forced to play it aren't taking it seriously or don't care. That destroys the quality of play for people who do care about that part of the game,

PvP quality has been watered down significantly because people just don't want to be there. Then people who are mainly pvpers have their own game play ruined. Add the bots and afkers and pvp is pointless. They may as well remove any progress in it, remove any rewards from it, remove all the brackets and give everyone who enters the same stats and gear. Then they can just ignore it. Most of the dedicated pvpers have left anyway and the rest of us won't be far behind if this stupid bot and afk issue isn't resolved.

I know my solution isn't ideal or elegant, but when you're trying to put out a fire you'll reach for the easiest way to put it out till the real firemen arrive. But seeing as the real firemen never come, they could atleast give us the tools to put out the fires ourselves.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.