The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

This Whale is Done Buying Packs But I'll Buy These Kinds of Things

HuaRya

After many years of mount collecting, best outfit set acquisitions, and a plethora of decorations I now have a great variety for any new or existing toons. However, I would like to buy things between $40-$80 on a semi-monthly basis along with my regular subscription.

1. I would buy access to new planets to do dailies (Endor, Kashyyk, Dantooine)

2. I would buy a new race (Nautilan would be popular I promise you)

3. I would buy a new stronghold (Zakuul would be logical)

4. I would buy a sex change

After many years of mount collecting, best outfit set acquisitions, and a plethora of decorations I now have a great variety for any new or existing toons. However, I would like to buy things between $40-$80 on a semi-monthly basis along with my regular subscription.

1. I would buy access to new planets to do dailies (Endor, Kashyyk, Dantooine)

2. I would buy a new race (Nautilan would be popular I promise you)

3. I would buy a new stronghold (Zakuul would be logical)

I'm all for the first and fourth, I have almost 15 toons and i only have 4 males lol

This remains exactly as problematic today as it has always been, and for exactly the same reasons. In GW2, the problematic one is "race" ("species" in SWTOR terminology) change, since the (early) phases of your personal story depend on your race (and even parts of Heart of Thorns depend on it, especially if you are a Sylvari).

For similar reasons, sex change in SWTOR is problematic:

* What happens if you decide to change sex between beginning your base class romance and finishing the class story?

* What about after you finish the class story, but before the *new* base class romance target returns in KotFE (e.g. a Trooper romances Elara then switches to female then does KotFE Chapter XI)?

* What about after your original romance target returns in KotFE, but before the class's other romance target returns (e.g. A Trooper romances Aric, and reromances him when he returns in KotFE Chapter XI, then switches to male then chooses Elara in the upcoming Iokath thing)?

* What about after your new romance target return but before your old one returns (e.g. a Trooper who romances Elara then, after Aric returns AND before Elara returns, switches to female)

If you think there should be a sex change available, then you should show that you've given these questions some thought. You don't have to have solved them (in a way, that's not even your job) but you should show some awareness of the sorts of problems there would be.