What about pve????

Drew_Braxton

Great, PVP gets more component drops. WHAT ABOUT PVE?! Why does Bioware have to be sleezy used car sales people?!? I don't like PVP. I don't want PVP, I won't do anymore PVP. Stop trying to sell PVP to people who don't want it! I'm not saying ignore them but holy mother of jawa stop trying to blend PVE and PVP.

Thanks to poor business decisions / not understanding your player base Shadowlands doesn't have the population it used to have. Pub side is usually a ghost town. Most PUGS couldn't finish a storymode upraising let alone a nim operation. There's few hard mode operation opportunities and far fewer nightmare ones. The most feasible ones have very very low odds of any gear dropping (1 gear piece in the last 5 nim nefra runs). So where does this leave PVEers? Maxed out at 240 with the only option to hit 242 dependent on a fail galactic command system hoping that one of the next desperate change made to salvage GC to stop losing more players actual help those like myself.

Getting really difficult to keep a positive outlook on this.... STOP ignoring an entire segment of the game!

I've just returned to The Shadowlands server after an 18 month absence, and when I logged in last night the population on the Pub side (or lack thereof) was the first thing that I noticed. Lest than 80 people? WTH?

I am still trying to get up to speed on everything that has changed over the last year and a half. It seems obvious to me that the overall effect of those changes has been a net negative for this game, in a fairly dramatic way.

Like you, I wold prefer just to PVE and be done with it. I was a hardcore PVP player at launch and got burned out way back then over the same RNG silliness that we apparently have for everything now. At that time it was bags and now we have crates I guess? I can't wait to hit 70 and start that type of fun again! /sarc

If there is any hope here, it's that BW never sticks with the same thing very long. So here's hoping!

PvE being ignored?

LOL.

Get a fresh 70 and try gearing entirely from PvP, then get to back to us.

What a noob response so I'm getting back to you. The only thing I have is crafted gear which PVP has the same access to. What I don't have access to is 242, which is the point to the post in case you missed it.

What a noob response so I'm getting back to you. The only thing I have is crafted gear which PVP has the same access to. What I don't have access to is 242, which is the point to the post in case you missed it.

So you aren't aware that 236 is better than 240 and I'm the noob?

So you aren't aware that 236 is better than 240 and I'm the noob?

Yeah, and you keep proving it with your replies. I never compared value of the tiers. Thanks to light server population only KP/EV hm are even tried by pugs. Very specific pieces and almost no other drops. Even if a PVE'er gets a 236 there is ZERO possibility of upgrading it to 242 outside of PVP.....That was the point.

Yeah, and you keep proving it with your replies. I never compared value of the tiers. Thanks to light server population only KP/EV hm are even tried by pugs. Very specific pieces and almost no other drops. Even if a PVE'er gets a 236 there is ZERO possibility of upgrading it to 242 outside of PVP.....That was the point.

So the problem isn't the system of gearing. It's the fact you play on a dead server.

So the problem isn't the system of gearing. It's the fact you play on a dead server.

A fact I included in the original post :rak_01:

Would LOVE the opportunities for nim ops like there used to be when the server was full. Those days are over unless better developer choices are made. Under the current situation though it's PVP or your out of luck.

This is not a PVP versus PVE post. Both aspects of the game should get the same attention from the developers.

guys we need to work together and make EAware get the old gearing system back with GC for solo players. If you are solo and don't do pvp or raids you have no right to bis gear.

As long as solo play gets coms gear back at the same time I don't think anyone will complain that it doesn't have sets. Solo play lost it's gearing path too remember? And there is more challenging solo content now too. /eyes ch. 2 Master mode.

A fact I included in the original post :rak_01:

Would LOVE the opportunities for nim ops like there used to be when the server was full. Those days are over unless better developer choices are made. Under the current situation though it's PVP or your out of luck.

This is not a PVP versus PVE post. Both aspects of the game should get the same attention from the developers.

Transfer to a better server and start doing nim ops if u are so worried about it

You leveled 35 characters to 70, really? How about doing something about getting the gear u want so much instead...

Right now this game is a pvp game..at least if you are looking for bis gear.

Pve players have only nim operations as a source for 242s.

Pvp players can do "easy mode" unranked or "hardmode" ranked pvp to get components.

So every casual pvp player is allowed to get components by doing unranked warzones.

You don't have to be good at pvp...you don't even have to win a warzone...you get components anyway.

While the pve players have to do the hardest pve content of all (nim operations) for 242s...pvp players can just rofl through easy peasy unranked warzones effortless. Pvp players also get rewarded if they fail (loose a warzone) while pve player get nothing if they fail (no boss kill = no loot).

The whole system is garbage and I totally understand every player who complains that he feels forced to do pvp.

There would be 2 different solutions to make this more fair:

1.)

Grant components for flashpoints, operations and uprisings (the harder the difficulty level --> the more components).

(+ leave pvp as it is)

2.)

Completly remove components from unranked warzones and GSF and only grant them for winning a ranked match.

Pve players can only get 242s by succesfully doing the hardest pve content, so pvp players should only be able to get 242s by successfully doing the hardest pvp content.

(+ leave pve as it is)

Anything else is simply just not fair and trying to force players into contents they actually don't want to play.

Pvp players can do "easy mode" unranked or "hardmode" ranked pvp to get components.

So every casual pvp player is allowed to get components by doing unranked warzones.

You don't have to be good at pvp...you don't even have to win a warzone...you get components anyway.

While the pve players have to do the hardest pve content of all (nim operations) for 242s...pvp players can just rofl through easy peasy unranked warzones effortless. Pvp players also get rewarded if they fail (loose a warzone) while pve player get nothing if they fail (no boss kill = no loot).

The whole system is garbage and I totally understand every player who complains that he feels forced to do pvp.

1.)

Grant components for flashpoints, operations and uprisings (the harder the difficulty level --> the more components).

(+ leave pvp as it is)

2.)

Completly remove components from unranked warzones and GSF and only grant them for winning a ranked match.

Pve players can only get 242s by succesfully doing the hardest pve content, so pvp players should only be able to get 242s by successfully doing the hardest pvp content.

(+ leave pve as it is)

Anything else is simply just not fair and trying to force players into contents they actually don't want to play.

Are you serious?

PvE is much easier to gear through than PvP. It isn't even close.

If you want to gear through PvP be prepared to PvP non stop till the end of time.

Edited by Damedius

Are you serious?

PvE is much easier to gear through than PvP. It isn't even close.

If you want to gear through PvP be prepared to PvP non stop till the end of time.

Actually it's the other way round. Only the final operation boss has guaranteed loot. And that is only loot for 2 out of 8 or 4 out of 16 people. You can also kill that boss only once a week while you can pvp 24 hours a day.

Oh and first of all you have to be able to kill that boss at all...we are talking about a nim operation endboss and not every player has a guild that is capable to do nim operations.

Back to pvp:

You can farm components doing easy peasy laughable unranked warzones all day long. And while your farming components you also get loads of cxp giving you nice armor drops from time to time that you can upgrade with the components you farmed.

But pvpers complain that it takes soooo long to farm these components. I know how long it takes cause I do many unranked warzones on a daily basis though I really hate it. But at least pvpers can farm these components at all. Pve players that don't have a group for nim operations are screwed if they don't want to pvp.

And pls don't tell me players don't need 242s if they don't do nim operations. Cause otherwise I would tell you that players don't need 242s if they don't do ranked pvp.

Oh and if pve contents like operations, flashpoints and uprisings would grant components as well, then of course they should grant these components with the same lousy time invested per components ratio as pvp does.

Edited by Avianatorsparkma

Actually it's the other way round. Only the final operation boss has guaranteed loot. And that is only loot for 2 out of 8 or 4 out of 16 people. You can also kill that boss only once a week while you can pvp 24 hours a day.

Oh and first of all you have to be able to kill that boss at all...we are talking about a nim operation endboss and not every player has a guild that is capable to do nim operations.

Back to pvp:

You can farm components doing easy peasy laughable unranked warzones all day long. And while your farming components you also get loads of cxp giving you nice armor drops from time to time that you can upgrade with the components you farmed.

But pvpers complain that it takes soooo long to farm these components. I know how long it takes cause I do many unranked warzones on a daily basis though I really hate it. But at least pvpers can farm these components at all. Pve players that don't have a group for nim operations are screwed if they don't want to pvp.

And pls don't tell me players don't need 242s if they don't do nim operations. Cause otherwise I would tell you that players don't need 242s if they don't do ranked pvp.

Oh and if pve contents like operations, flashpoints and uprisings would grant components as well, then of course they should grant these components with the same time invested per components ratio as pvp does.

If you need 242's to do Nim Ops then Nim OPS are overtuned. At most they should require a full set of 236.

On your second point you are basically saying that you shouldn't have to do OPS to get gear. You want them to bring in an alternative for players who don't want to do OPs or PvP.

Right now PvE gives by far the best CXP and fastest gear progression. Your arguing because you can't do it, it doesn't count.

Thinking you MUST have BiS gear is the first flaw in the prosecution of this thread by the OP. And it goes downhill from there.

Unlike some MMOs.... there is literally nothing in this game that requires BiS to be effective in playing the content you like, much less group content.

I encourage the OP to step back and rethink their priorities rather then drinking the BiS KoolAid. Are you playing for gear, or for content? Because if you are in a properly tuned set of 240s, you have nothing to complain about in terms of access to content. Which leaves us with "gear chasing" for the sake of "gear chasing".

Edited by Andryah

I am gearing with PVE only because cba to grind WZs. I have exactly one toon at tier 2 GC. I do nim raids. You can gear via PVE, I promise you. And no, you dont need the highest tear of gear if you are not doing the endgame content to begin with. And no, you dont need 242 to do NIM content either, hell I had zero pieces of that tier when we started on those this expansion. Get off your high horse mate. Components are for PVPers, tokens are for PVErs, and you get the most benefit out of both by doing both. Edited by Kiesu

I am gearing with PVE only because cba to grind WZs. I have exactly one toon at tier 2 GC. I do nim raids. You can gear via PVE, I promise you. And no, you dont need the highest tear of gear if you are not doing the endgame content to begin with. And no, you dont need 242 to do NIM content either, hell I had zero pieces of that tier when we started on those this expansion. Get off your high horse mate. Components are for PVPers, tokens are for PVErs, and you get the most benefit out of both by doing both.

Exactly. And the reason pvp needs it is because they lowered the bolster down to 230. Meaning going against someone in 230 gear when they are 242 will end badly for you. It's not even. It's gearing. The devs have ASSURED me 230 gear is fine for Iokath and story stuff.

guys we need to work together and make EAware get the old gearing system back with GC for solo players. If you are solo and don't do pvp or raids you have no right to bis gear.
Eh, no.

For PvP, you really want it to be relatively easy for people to get BIS gear, or at least gear that is very darn close to it, so that skill rather than time matters. Of course, that means that progression shouldn't be much of a thing for PvP, and comes with the caveat that any gear acquired for/through PvP is only worthwhile for PvP, lest the existence of PvP harm PvE even more that it already does.

For PvE, there is no reason why a solo player shouldn't be able to acquire BIS stuff... if a game has proper balance for it. The thing the game has to account for is that players will tend to follow the path of least resistance, even if they don't necessarily enjoy that path (players aren't always the brightest). Since organizing and coordinating with a group generally tends to be more of PITA than going solo, that means that the rewards for group activities need to be greater. But that can mean quantity rather than quality. Like how xp and credits for group-based stuff is higher than it is for solo stuff. Though, of course, you'd also have to account for the potential of people doing both the raids and solo stuff, thereby getting max gear faster. And nope, the argument that raids are "hard" doesn't hold water, since there is no reason there cannot be hard solo stuff either. People who prefer hard solo content do tend to be neglected by devs, but we are out there.

And there are games that have handled these issues. One way it has handled is with the use of token currency. Apply a weekly cap to how many can be earned. Make raids get you more of the currency for less time invested, so PITA vs reward is there, with doing enough raids capping you. And then there is the solo stuff, which takes more time to get the same number of tokens, and potentially not enough to cap you for the week. Boom, people who enjoy raiding can raid, and be rewarded for it, while people that don't enjoy raiding are free to not raid. Sure, you'll probably want to throw in some unique goodies for raids as well, gear that is every-so-slightly better, or has other appeal (the unique speeder drops, for example), but generally speaking, you can make it so raiders and non-raiders can wind up with nearly the same quality of gear, and still provide enough incentive for people to raid over going the solo route.

It's just about balancing the PITA vs the reward. Beyond that, it just means options for players to play how they want, rather than trying to force them to join your raid guild.

Edited by Battilea

It used to be possible to get T2 gear simply by running heroics. Unfortunately, now you either PVP until you're sick of it or you do ops. In other words, the only sure way to get gear is group content.

What are you talking about? Best way to level is chapter 2 of kotfe on vet or master. You get tier 2 gear from crates. With a boost you will get about 3052 or so on vet. With the bonus of the day it's more 3400.

What are you talking about? Best way to level is chapter 2 of kotfe on vet or master. You get tier 2 gear from crates. With a boost you will get about 3052 or so on vet. With the bonus of the day it's more 3400.

This is true if you are only thinking of levelling your command rank, if it's actual gearing then the random goddess still needs to grace you with her presence, my best character is level 21 in gc yet I don't even have a complete set of blue 230 gear I have had no relics drop so I still have 178 heroic relics yet I have had 2 lots of chest pieces and 2 legs not what I actually wanted.

Outside of group content there is no reliable way to gear and even if you turned to gtn prices are subject to stupid inflation that can change massively at any time.

Great, PVP gets more component drops. WHAT ABOUT PVE?! Why does Bioware have to be sleezy used car sales people?!? I don't like PVP. I don't want PVP, I won't do anymore PVP. Stop trying to sell PVP to people who don't want it! I'm not saying ignore them but holy mother of jawa stop trying to blend PVE and PVP.

Thanks to poor business decisions / not understanding your player base Shadowlands doesn't have the population it used to have. Pub side is usually a ghost town. Most PUGS couldn't finish a storymode upraising let alone a nim operation. There's few hard mode operation opportunities and far fewer nightmare ones. The most feasible ones have very very low odds of any gear dropping (1 gear piece in the last 5 nim nefra runs). So where does this leave PVEers? Maxed out at 240 with the only option to hit 242 dependent on a fail galactic command system hoping that one of the next desperate change made to salvage GC to stop losing more players actual help those like myself.

Getting really difficult to keep a positive outlook on this.... STOP ignoring an entire segment of the game!

Uh, because you already get a ridiculous amount of cxp doing operations and you get gear drops....

1.)

(+ leave pvp as it is)

2.)

(+ leave pve as it is)

LOLWUUUUUUUUUUUT?! Pve has gotten fresh content consistantly for 2 years straight now. What has pvp gotten exactly?

Joke of the smurfing century.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.