Worst customer service experience ever!!!

LanierTailok

I received a pair of Iokath War Leader's Gauntlet's in my command crate last evening. This is a crucial set piece for my Tier III Immortal Jugg. I attempted to claim the item and it deleted the item and the command tokens. Maybe I screwed up, or maybe the system did. Regardless, I contacted customer service immediately to get the item restored by opening an in-game ticket. I do not open tickets without having a major issue, but I have had items restored via in-game mail before, and TOR customer service has been very helpful in the past. When I didn't receive a response, I called customer service directly. The representative that I spoke with stated that they did not handle in-game issues at all. Who has a customer service team members that can't address issues in-game?!? I finally received a response from "customer service" this evening. It reads as follows:

"Thank you for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service. I have responded to your query in-game and, for your convenience I have included a summary of the response below in case you are unable to access the in-game mail at the moment. Please note – at times, cases and responses from Customer Support may appear blank in the in-game help portal. If you have accessed your case and are unable to see a response from us, please respond to this mail and myself or a colleague will respond as soon as possible.

As with ingame response: I am unable to restore items after they have been disintegrated. This is just not a function within our tools to be able to do. Going forward all I can advise is a little more care when deciding which items to disintegrate and which to pull from the stash.

To check back on any details of the case, you can do so at any time by logging into the game on any of your characters and opening the Help Centre. All cases you have submitted will be listed in the Request Help section, alongside the response from us. All cases are set to resolved once a response has been sent however if you would like to discuss this case further, you can do so by replying to this email or creating a new case in-game.

As always, at BioWare and EA, we strive to provide you with the world's best customer experience for the world's best games. We're always interested in hearing back from you, the player, about your experience with our Game Advisors so that we can improve our service to you.

We would appreciate it if you could take the time to fill out a short survey about your most recent support experience with us. We would greatly appreciate any feedback you may have as we're committed to making sure you always have a personal and positive connection to our game, our people, and our community.

Please click here to begin: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Regards,

Lance

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service"

First of all, there is no response in-game. I just checked my ticket. Second, I asked to appeal to a manager. They most definitely can restore that item. Maybe not through the Command system, but they do have the ability to place the item in a player's inventory or send it to them in an in-game mail. I have had items restored before. I know this is possible. I am cancelling my secondary account. If this is not resolved soon, I will be cancelling my main account. I am not trying to be difficult, but this type of customer service is nowhere near the level of service that I have come to expect from Bioware/EA/SWTOR.

So after both branches of so-called "customer service" blew me off, they want me to fill out a customer satisfaction survey to tell their manager what an awesome job they did....WTH?!?!?

So let me get this straight, their customers service reps can't actually provide you customer service, and their in-game support just says can't help you, but please tell us what a great job we did? And, although it's entirely possible, I seriously doubt that the Command Crate system was developed with NO WAY to restore in-game items.

OK, rant over... This is just very discouraging. I really love this game and have been playing since late beta/early access. I have tried to adapt to every change the game has made, but is this what my SWTOR has come to be? To be relegated to the trash pile of MMOs where the subscriber base means very little and going the extra mile for a paying customer is considered too much trouble and effort?

Disillusioned

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I honestly don't think they do much about restoring but it's probably more to do with not being able to confirm you're telling the truth. Disintegrated items are not restorable. There is a pop up that WARNS you asking if you're certain you wish to disintegrate because items can't be restore. You can dismiss that though but I still get it every time.

They won't restore anything that has been disintegrated and I tried 2 times to get my legendary 242 offhand restored but it's a no go all I do now is look back and see the funny side that's all we can do because at the end of the day it was my self to blame and I did say yes to the perm deletion of the item.