The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is 5.1.2 still coming Tuesday 2/28

Screaming_Ziva

No way, I much prefer this system. Gearing up through GSF? hell yes. No more expertise? Hell yes.

That being said, they need to add some bad luck protection, and they need to tweak the loot tables for crates.

I don't understand the hate on expertise. We went from a system that had really quick and easy gearing, everybody could quickly get on a level gear playing field - to one that guarantees a gear gap for an extended period of time. Oh, and we still need separate gear sets for PvP vs PvE. This is better how? :confused:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the hate on expertise. We went from a system that had really quick and easy gearing, everybody could quickly get on a level gear playing field - to one that guarantees a gear gap for an extended period of time. Oh, and we still need separate gear sets for PvP vs PvE. This is better how? :confused:

Anyone hating on Expertise is simply wrong.

Expertise was one of the biggest losses with 5.0. Having the gearing systems be separate between PvP and PvE allowed them to be balanced independently, which was innovative and one of the best things that the devs have ever done.

Losing Expertise, it turns out, was a tremendous loss and is why we are now trapped with PvP gearing needing to be balanced with the PvP grind.