My idea for GC gearing, for what it's worth...

CrownofGold

My idea is simple: Bioware needs to GUARANTEE a specific piece of armor per Galactic Command level. This is just a very basic outline of how it could work. This way we KNOW our hard work will get us some gear, even if it's not top tier gear.

Example:

Level 1: Head Piece

Level 10: Chest Piece

Level 20: Belt

Level 30: Legs

Level 40: Boots

Level 50: Bracers

Level 60: Gloves

Level 70: Mainhand

Level 80: Offhand

Level 90: Ear Piece

Level 100: Implant 1

Level 110: Implant 2

Level 120: Relic 1

level 130: Relic 2

They don't have to be set bonus pieces but something so we have a full set with a little work so we can be viable in Ops to work to earn set bonus gear. Some people never even get THIS much in 300 level of GC!

Edited by CrownofGold

How to fix this for raiding:

All bosses drop guaranteed specific loot drops like they used to based on difficulty level. Exception is KP and EV HM drop 230 except final boss drop a 236 Relic or Implant for either one or vice versa. Simple solution is removing GC from raiding by doing this. We want our gear from raids not chance drops BW. :rolleyes:

We want our gear from raids not chance drops BW. :rolleyes:

This! It's really, really difficult to gear your raiders, in aggregate, with RNG from crates. Sure, one or two of your folks might get lucky and get their six-piece bonus pretty quickly, but what about the couple of unlucky friends you have who, like me, only managed to pull 2 set pieces from 90+ crates? If six of your raiders are all ready to go into Hard Modes, you have to leave the two behind - which sucks because we're all friends, and I don't want to leave them behind.

Sure, the last bosses drop pieces, but now we're having to farm entire raids just to get two people the 4 other set pieces they need. That means slogging through hundreds of trash mobs and dozens of trash bosses just to get to the juicy loot center of your Operations. Heaven help you when you get to SnV and have to face 6 trash bosses before finally getting to the one that drops your gear.

Bottom line: NO boss should be a trash mob. Bosses are bosses for a reason!

No one bothered to talk about my idea. :(

You are right. =( Let's remedy that.

I still stick by my idea that raiding should be the means for gearing for raiding. You go into raids, the bosses all drop loot, so you can gear up your raid team and prep for the next tier of raiding. If that 's how it worked, I wouldn't have any problem with Galactic Command for myself.

But for others, the folks who maybe just dabble in raiding, but mostly spend their time doing other activities, I wouldn't have an problem at all if there were a more-or-less guaranteed way for them to get set piece drops through GC.

I think, rather than have specific slots drop at particular tiers, Bioware should take a(nother) page from Blizzard and do something similar to what they did with Hearthstone. When you open packs in Hearthstone you have a chance to get a legendary quality card. Of course, the standard drop rate on legendaries is pretty low. However, while unconfirmed (I think) by Blizzard, Hearthstone "scienticians" (heh heh, Simpsons) have posited the theory that there exists a "pity timer."

Basically, if after opening 30ish packs, you haven't gotten a legendary card, the pity time kicks in and starts drastically increasing the chances of receiving a legendary from opening packs such that you won't get too far past 40 packs per legendary.

I think SWTOR should operate similarly. If they've already implemented a pity time for set pieces, it needs to be set waaaaaaaaay lower. EDIT: And also be per-character. Don't want your pity timer going off when you've played an alt for a change a pace.

Edited by Archellion

Full reversion to the comms/raid-tokens/PvP-comms system, or nothing.

There is no compromise to be made or brooked here, this system is absolute, un-mitigated garbage, it cannot be "fixed."

That's the only way to fix this travesty. Because at the rate they're going, there might not be a 6.0 to gear up for.

Edited by midianlord

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.