This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again.

TheFaceCC

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried everything in this thread but patcher still won't run

- Deleted bit raider folder and files as suggested

- Ran launcher as admin

- Rebooted

- Restarted modem

Any other suggestions because this fix definitely did not work :(

Launcher just sits there on "initializing" - with no error message

Edited by XenithNZ

+1 ... even tried reopening the patcher (before i even considered comming here) and still no ... fix pls

--- edit ---

Hi this worked form me (whit the bitraider)

form me it was 3 .xfr files and + i deleted the config folder inside “BitRaider” folder.

Close the Launcher and the game client (if it’s running).

Delete the .xfr files and the "config" folder from the “BitRaider” folder in your game install directory:

For 32bit operating systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\BitRaider

For 64bit operating systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\BitRaider

Run the Launcher again

This will force the Launcher to do a full verification of all game files and will update/repair any of which are damaged or incomplete. After the verification is finished, the Play button will be enabled!

Worked ... for now ... I don't have to do this every time I want to play, do I? :)

Edited by heroldjedi

form me it was 3 .xfr files and + i deleted the config folder inside “BitRaider” folder.

Delete the .xfr files and the "config" folder from the “BitRaider” folder in your game install directory:

For 32bit operating systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\BitRaider

For 64bit operating systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\BitRaider

Run the Launcher again

This will force the Launcher to do a full verification of all game files and will update/repair any of which are damaged or incomplete. After the verification is finished, the Play button will be enabled!

This worked for me. Thanks for the workaround.

this just worked for me. cheers bro

Run the Launcher again

Run the Launcher again

Getting farther now but after pressing Play and watching the turning wheel for a while, I get a crash.

Also then need to do this workaround again to get around the original problem and try once again. But crashed again before I can come to character selection screen :(

Edited by baski

Run the Launcher again

Worked for me. Thanks a lot !

Run the Launcher again

Godbless

Same trouble here ! I deleted the .xfr files and the config folder in Bitraider worked earlier. Just tried to log back into the game same problem again. Don't tell me the problem is on my side. FIx it once for all or get rid of Bitraider. Every 3 months or so the problem appear for me.

+1 ... even tried reopening the patcher (before i even considered comming here) and still no ... fix pls

--- edit ---

Worked ... for now ... I don't have to do this every time I want to play, do I? :)

This is exactly what you have to do, every time you want to play :rak_01: - delete BitRaider folder, verify and all the ****. Working as intended!! muhahahah good work EAware! really really nice!!!