This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again.

TheFaceCC

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look an update with bugs, how usual.

When are the mini-map icons and ground targeting symbols being fixed?

And why did you choose to wreck them when nothing was wrong with them?

When is the preview window getting fixed?

When will I be able to abandon star fortress missions? You cant.

When will the game stop randomly crashing to desktop?

When will class balance be addressed?

When will you stop wasting dev time on a gearing system no one likes OR wants regardless of your tweaks due to the RNG?

Imagine all the stuff you could be doing and content you could be bringing us with the dev time used to putz around with the "Failed Galactic Command System". (failed before it was even implemented, fire the idea originator)

Edited by Smuglebunny

When are the mini-map icons and ground targeting symbols being fixed?

And why did you choose to wreck them when nothing was wrong with them?

I agree with the group player icons in the mini map. Instead of a circle just change the icons to a different color like purple or let people choose their own color.

As for the ground targeting I like the changes. It's much easier to see and some changes are good and doesn't always require a request to change. The mini map one were a bad choice but not the ground targeting.

Besides in any mmo things are always updated even if not required or requested. Even things like websites go through changes. Just normal for that

So after trying everything other than completely reinstalling, I am finally back in the game but only because my partner had a version of the launcher that was patched successfully. I copied his swtor folder over to my computer and ran the launcher without any issues.

If it wasn't for my partner's back up however, I'd probably still be trying to fix this issue. Not too thrilled about this guys so can you PLEASE fix this once and for all so gamers like me that really enjoy playing this game can avoid feeling like crap every time an update is required.

Thanks.

So after trying everything other than completely reinstalling, I am finally back in the game but only because my partner had a version of the launcher that was patched successfully. I copied his swtor folder over to my computer and ran the launcher without any issues.

If it wasn't for my partner's back up however, I'd probably still be trying to fix this issue. Not too thrilled about this guys so can you PLEASE fix this once and for all so gamers like me that really enjoy playing this game can avoid feeling like crap every time an update is required.

Thanks.

I wish i had a partner... :(

Still can't get into the game.

I wish i had a partner... :(

Still can't get into the game.

Remove and re-add launcher.exe , swtor.exe and brwc.exe to the antivirus and firewall exception lists

reboot the PC , then go into task manager and end task on all bitraider processes after that follow the sticky link

one other thing to check after doing all this is at this link

Edited by OwenBrooks

Did Bioware fix this? or did they go home and leave it unfixed? (I only ask because there is no definitive answer in the dev tracker)

It was 'maintenance' for crying out loud how did they possibly break something there was no patch.

I have bitraider client and it works for me. Don't know if this impacts everyone or just a few folks however. But no problems for me.

This problem persists for me and it is damned annoying to have to delete files and force a complete scan every time I want to play ... is there a fix coming BioWare? or is there at least a way to stop using that bitraider thingy that is apparently the culprit here? :mad:

It should be noted that the whole game (over 30 GB) must be re-downloaded if the bitraider folder is deleted. Bioware really has a fable to shift their mistakes to the players.:mad:

Think about how many issues EAWare could avoid if they just stopped shoving the horrible glitchy DRM of BitRaider down their customers' throats...

Fortunately for me, I'm old-fashioned enough to prefer having physical copies of my games, so I never have to deal with the terrible broken mess.

Edited by AscendingSky

I have tried every possible fix for this issue which has gotten rid of the "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again." message but the play button does not highlight and its just stuck on initializing. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix this problem? Edited by Alulamongr

... Note that this only affects users on the BitRaider version of the launcher....

-eric

It should be more than clear, almost 4 years since it was inflicted on the launcher, that the quoted statement can be applied to 99.9% of launcher problems.

0.1% is user error.

:rolleyes:

Edited by docbenwayddo

Remove and re-add launcher.exe , swtor.exe and brwc.exe to the antivirus and firewall exception lists

reboot the PC , then go into task manager and end task on all bitraider processes after that follow the sticky link

Removed the Bitraider processes and it work. Thank you.

but the play button does not highlight and its just stuck on initializing. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix this problem?

From my post on the previous page is worth checking

Edited by OwenBrooks

Hey folks,

There are two ways to work around the issue while we work to address it. Note that this only affects users on the BitRaider version of the launcher.

• Restarting your launcher can clear up the issue, it may require multiple restarts.
  • Delete the BitRaider folder from your SWTOR directory.

Neither of these are guaranteed fixes, but they can work. I will pass on more updates as I have them.

-eric

Luckily this issue didn't affect me but it's really sad that the last yellow response on this is almost two days old.

• 2 months later...

I am also having the same problem, and as of now I have tried everyone's suggestions and they have yet to help. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted the bit raid (at which point it got stuck in an infinite "initializing" screen)

• 4 weeks later...
hey all, and good try with this one eric, the issue seems related to another issue a few years ago, so heres how the game client worked on my end after trying everything and finding no results :

first delete the bitraider folder like eric and others have recommended. also make sure bitraider isnt running in processes .

then go into task manager. and go to services find this

BRSptStub bitraider mini-support service stub loader it will be listed as this.

right click the ``bitraider mini-support`` and hit open services

now find the bitraider again, its listed just the same (bitraider mini-support service stub loader ect.), and right click it, then hit properties. under start up type -- hit automatic (just automatic) hit apply , then under the "Service Status", click start , then click apply, then click okay. after this, open the game client, and restart, it will verify it, then after a short moment, you can hit start.

^_^

This worked great, it is the only thing that worked. My guess its because I am running a fresh windows 10 machine. Follow the directions above and you will be up and running. Thanks for figuring that out!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...