70 Command Crates-Not a Single Set Piece. Enough Said.

SithKerr

Your better off ignoring GC, and just farm unassembled components. if you happen to get a piece so be it, otherwise just get and upgrade gear from unassembled components. after hitting 300 and only getting 3 usable 242's I'm done with GC. BW can either dump it for all I care, or drop all green, blue, and purple gear drops from the crates as far as i'm concerned now. Purples gear can't be upgraded (so they are now officially useless, except to gear up alts you'll seldom play).

Sadly, this is coming from someone who believed this system if done right wouldn't be so bad. Well it wasn't done right. All they had to do was remove the green and blue gear from the crates, for tier 2, and 3 having fully random you'd still have a good chance at getting what you needed (especially compared to what we have now). However after 2+ months of this crap, the only real way to gear is HM Ops, and components to upgrade or just using components outright.

Edited by Toraak

That's some bad luck. On my operative, I have 5 set pieces though one is a healer one so doesn't count. I bought 2 of those with unassembled pieces. I'm holding off buying anymore in case I get any. I'm level 75.

My sentinel has 2 and is level 30.

It's slow proGres sion for sure but pvp is a great way to gear up with how things are currently.

I'm willing to bet that they've hired a slot machine designer - a la Las Vegas - to program their RNG. Hence the low drop rates. It's absurd and actually cruel. We're being laughed at and manipulated/monitored like bugs in a tank.

Bet it's the same system that determines warzones. Quesh huttball. Quesh huttball. Quesh huttball. Quesh huttball. I quit out on the 5th in a row. I could not handle it. But I did get better. Last match I died twice and did lots more damage. I was just flying around being stabby Mcstabberson :D haha. Must not been many sorcs slowing me down. Lmao

I've gotten 5 MK3 230 gear set pieces now in the 12 tier 1 crates my main has opened, 2 were duplicates but i just ripped out the mods and used those. Also. i got the same legacy crafting schematic 3 times now which is ofcourse totally useless.But like all RNG, anything can happen, both good and bad.

I'm currently doing the math behind the Contraband Cartel Slot machine and it's all over the place. No matter what your chances are, you can be that lucky guy who gets the good stuff every crate or the one who get's nothing.

Without a proper "feelsbadman" loot protection (that guarantees good loot after x fails, like WoW has with legendaries) there is no straw too short you can draw sadly.

As title says.

I had a really weird incident over the last week. I usually play dps on my vanguard, but decided to give tanking a shot, and bought 210 mods, enhancements, etc and made myself some tanking gear. Then I got ALL 7 set pieces in a ROW for 230s , 7 crates, 7 pieces. So I decided, hey, its my lucky day, Ill switch back to dps and get something there maybe, since I havent gotten ***** for dps, and low and behold days pass and NOTHING. Then I switch back to tank, and get my tank relics in 2 boxes one after another. Not cool BW. Not cool.....

It is worse in WoW Legion. I farmed heroic Emerald Nightmare over 20-30 times and always got the BiS trinkets for my alts and never my main.

This curse isn't just limited to SWTOR honestly. I think Bioware should stop imitating Blizzard and reduce RNG or the grind process.

This is clearly the Bioware Gods telling you that you are meant to be a tank.

Deal with it!

LMAO!

In all seriousness, that's crap!

Dont get me wrong, I love tanking, but I play VG and Commando for a simple reason. Versatility. I like to be able to do rDPS, mDPS, Heal and Tank. It just kind of irked me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.