The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help me, I'm a guildmaster.

blackphantome

There is a big problem in my guild that has to get solved. We were a big guild that quit to play with the launch of 5.0 (stories in other threads of mine). All my friends quit their subscriptions, too. I want to do the same because game is not fun anymore. The problem is: who will get the lead? I do not want that a random person gets the lead of a nearly 4 years old guild. All those I can trust to lead a guild left the game, too. Moreover, I don't want to pay for a game I do not enjoy anymore.

Are there any solutions?

Does it really matter who gets the guild if you don't want to play anymore?

That was my thought....:confused:

But it'll go to the highest ranking member who logs on first after you quit iirc. But if you want to make sure it's left in "capable hands", you need to transfer leadership to THAT person before you quit.... otherwise...It's "leadership RGN" ;)

Whoever logs in first after you haven't logged in for a time - is who will get leader.

If your worried about guild bank items and funds, transfer them to your characters first before you unsub.. or as others suggested remove the people from the guild you no longer trust if it's the guild you want to hold on to.

The only thing you need to do is login within 30 days, even as a free player guild master. Then you will keep the lead. The guild falls into a free guild status though (custom rank names being reset, etc.). After 30 days not logging in it goes to the one with the most online time in these 30 days afaik (if this wasn't changed), NOT to the one who logs on first. Edited by Khaleg

The only thing you need to do is login within 30 days, even as a free player guild master. Then you will keep the lead. The guild falls into a free guild status though (custom rank names being reset, etc.). After 30 days not logging in it goes to the one with the most online time in these 30 days afaik (if this wasn't changed), NOT to the one who logs on first.

Absolutely NOT.

The guild only falls to F2P guild if NONE of the players is a sub. First sub who logs in = GM.

Absolutely NOT.j

The guild only falls to F2P guild if NONE of the players is a sub. First sub who logs in = GM.

From very own experience your statement is sadly bull crap. 😊

If you don't believe me you can easily ask the support to confirm my statement above,again, if it wasn't changed since mid of 2016.

Edited by Khaleg

In your dreams.

From experience.

Your ignorance is outstanding. It happened that way and was the valid and by customer support confirmed practice last year from around April to at least September. I don't know if it was changed since then but that's what it was.

Edited by Khaleg

Your ignorance is outstanding. It happened that way as was the valid by customer support confirmed practice last year from around April to at least September. I don't know if it was changed since then but that's what it was.

And I lost GMship even while being subbed, a month ago, to an alt - one barely ever played mind you. And to a guildie 2 years ago. Go play pokemon or something.

Edited by BenduKundalini

From very own experience your statement is sadly bull crap. 😊

If you don't believe me you can easily ask the support to confirm my statement above,again, if it wasn't changed since mid of 2016.

I have personally witnessed guild leadership change hands the day after someone's sub was halted. They're right. Unless you're the only person in the guild or no one else in the guild is a subscriber, the guild leader has to be a subscriber. If the GM unsubscribes, it'll switch to a sub when they log in. It will transfer to someone in the next highest ranked bracket in the guild, like an officer.

Guild leadership will also pass to someone else in the guild if a GM has not logged in within 30 days, even if they are subscribed.

Edited by AscendingSky

Your ignorance is outstanding. It happened that way and was the valid and by customer support confirmed practice last year from around April to at least September. I don't know if it was changed since then but that's what it was.

It is a known fact that if your guild master becomes F2P, unless the guild only has F2P members , that the leadership will pass to the first sub that longs in. It is something that has been happening recently. My guild leader was going preferred but she researched the rules and found this out so she transferred the guild to my boyfriend and I since we were going to remain subs.

I have personally witnessed guild leadership change hands the day after someone's sub was halted. They're right. Unless you're the only person in the guild or no one else in the guild is a subscriber, the guild leader has to be a subscriber. If the GM unsubscribes, it'll switch to a sub when they log in. It will transfer to someone in the next highest ranked bracket in the guild, like an officer.

Guild leadership will also pass to someone else in the guild if a GM has not logged in within 30 days, even if they are subscribed.

This, with a precision: it's actually 28 days.

This, with a precision: it's actually 28 days.

This. Guild leadership in our sith guild just transferred to me, as my boyfriend hasn't been playing much, work schedule, and when I log on it had switch to my main sith on the guild. Lucky it switch to me though as that is easy to work out.

OK, to bring that down to a more civilized discussion style and manner as opposed to the 1st guy replying to my post...

Well guys, all I can say is that what I wrote above was reality and happened to us during months AND was confirmed by the customer support to be the valid process. I still have the ticket reply. Our guild leader went missing (but still bothered to log in minimum 1 time within 30 days talking to nobody) and stayed guild leader all the time while the guild fell back into a free to play guild (with countless subscribers in the guild).

It happened and was confirmed by customer support (which doesn't mean much though given the incompetence the Bioware support delivers most of the time, but it still happened exactly as described, believe me or not, I don't care.

If this was a bug and customer support confirmed bs or if it changed since then, I don't know.

You really ought to apologize to Bendu. They were right.

Actually this has me grabbed by the b@lls. I've spent the last 6 months with only 2-3 other players at a time in both my guilds. They typically stay for a month then unsub. Then it's another prodigal son. But these guys came to play the expansions. They subbed.

I've financed 99% of flagships and decos in there, spent easily half a BILLION creds total. Can't afford to lose that, and not willing to kick them out either. So far.

Edited by BenduKundalini

You really ought to apologize to Bendu. They were right.

Thanks... still doesn't get it though. If NO ONE is subbed = what he says happens.

Which is 100% compatible with what I said. First sub = GM.

You can't go around spreading false information however sincere - and calling others liars on top of it - and have someone get sh@fted because of false info.

Civilized manners LOL. As in "bull crap" I guess... :D

Edited by BenduKundalini