The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

OPS Token Drop is Terrible!

josephxp

This is intentional. Low but increasing chances of a drop on the first bosses (20%, 25%, 30%....) and they a guaranteed drop on the final boss.

lol I only did one ops since 5.1 which was DF, we got a drop on Nefra (which is lowest probability) and then only last boss, which is guaranteed, yeah, fun, exciting!

lol I only did one ops since 5.1 which was DF, we got a drop on Nefra (which is lowest probability) and then only last boss, which is guaranteed, yeah, fun, exciting!

But don't you enjoy THE THRILL OF THE HUNT!!!! which Ben Irving raved about when he talked about RNG gearing being EXCITING!?!?!?

The real point of 5.0, and the only good thing they tried to accomplish with it, is lost in its implementation. The ability for pvpers to also dabble in ops, and opsers to dabble in pvp. The problem is, you should never walk away from an OPS without a piece of set gear. Plain and simple.

Here is what happens:

Waste 3 hours organizing and doing an ops, no bosses pop any gear, and your team cannot finish off the last boss so no gear there. This is what happened to me. You come to the realization that OPS suck and never do them again. The whole point of 5.0 ruined.

Every boss should pop 2 pieces of gear to roll on. The last boss should pop 8 pieces, one for each group member. And maybe ppl will try to do an OPS more than the once.

I was so excited in 5.0 about the possibility of doing OPS. Because in 4.0 I had full t2 pvp gear, but thats not full ops gear so no chance of doing ops late in 4.0. Then I gear up in 5.0, try for weeks many hours at a time to get a random OPS queue pop, no pops. Random OPS queue is stupid because no-one uses it, waste of many many many hours. Then against ALL ODDS and through tons of painstaking, I somehow assemble a group of 8 to do the OPS. And that happens. NOT ONE PERSON GETS ANYTHING FOR ALL THE EFFORTS.

SWTOR broken, 5.0 a total waste of time in ALL WAYS worse than 4.0. Roll it back, its dead.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

OK, so we did a quick SaV yesterday on HM (took exactly 60 min) and have to say we got 8 token drops, so was actually a productive run, every player got something!

I then went to upgrade it to 242 using the components have amassed from GSF. It was nice, but still the many matches played for those components....

Yeah i learned that in another thread, really didn't know that! I could swear that during my server transfer it said that i cant have that legacy name cause it was taken!

Maybe it was a long time ago? who knows.

But ya yesterday i ran KP HM (0 token drops) and EV HM (0 token drops) during the runs -_-

So far the only way ive been able to gear effectively is with GSF